“Lovely hotel”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway
Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I spent 10 nights here while a family member was in the hospital. I have to say that their shuttle service is invaluable. The schedule is convenient and the drivers are awesome. I only wish they went to UW Hospital because my person got transferred there and I experienced two awful hotels! I would have rather just stayed here.

The rooms here are beautiful, the front desk staff welcoming and accommodating, and the hotel was very quiet. Even on the weekend of a big football game when all of the hotels were sold out, my room was pretty quiet. I never heard anyone walking overhead, no noise in the hall or from other rooms. If you want a peaceful hotel, choose this one!

I only have a few minor gripes. 1) The room got too hot at night. They have the a/c regulated so you can't turn it down very low. I'm a hot sleeper and use a/c at home even in the winter. I had to sleep with the a/c on and the window open to stay even remotely cool enough to sleep. Being right next to a hospital and a bar, the window being open meant there was noise coming in. So if you want a room that is cool at night, this may not be your hotel. And this one factor is probably what would have me looking for an alternative next time. 2) The shampoo smells like mint. It's like washing your hair with toothpaste. 3) The comforter isn't soft. I didn't use it most of the time anyway because I was too warm, but it was kind of scratchy.

Overall it was a great stay. Unregulated that a/c though!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This place knows how to treat a traveller. It was a great base location for a visit to Seattle University and all of the city of Seattle. The staff works hard to make your stay memorable. It will be my hotel of choice when I return.

Room Tip: The double rooms are queen beds! That gives you an indication of the size of the room. For those w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear don s:

So glad that you chose to stay with us and that our team took good care of you during your visit! We strive to ensure our guests always have a great and memorable stay - so thank you for letting us know how we did!

We look forward to your next stay and hope you return soon!

Regards,
Chauncey DeVitis

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was my first time staying at the Silver Cloud by not my last! What a great hotel. The rooms are spacious, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the location with free shuttle service is perfect. I was really impressed and I stay in a number of hotel room across different chains each year.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We took our son to a Seahawks game, December 22nd. This hotel was clean, comfortable, great service, free shuttle...
We walked downtown and to the Space Needle, but it is a hike. We just like to get moving. We did all the touristy Seattle things for our sons 13th birthday. We walked to Pikes Place, the Space Needle, Game Works then ended back at our hotel for dinner.

The next day we go up and walked about for coffee, then grabbed the shuttle to the Seahawks game. The hotel did let us keep our car in their garage for the duration of the game.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank skoester
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hotels mostly the big chains and this was a wonderful surprise. Always someone at the desk ready to help quick with check in and check out extremely helpful in all aspects an overall great experience Thank you Silver Cloud I will be back!!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have stayed here twice now and have this hotel for next weekend as well. The lobby area is very spacious and nice with lots of chairs and sofas to relax on. Front desk was quick with check-in and are all very friendly. The rooms are fairly big and beds are comfy and quiet. The hotel has a restaurant/bar on site. I have had breakfast as well as dinner here and have enjoyed the food at both. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to parts of town and also the stadium which I use for the football games. I think this is a great bonus. To sum it all up,I enjoy my stays here and the friendly staff and overall quality will keep me coming back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear vacationbug_10:
Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us recently. We loved that you have had multiple reservations recently and want to thank you for your continued loyalty. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel, restaurant and shuttle service and look forward to your next stay. Please let us know if we can ever assist to improve your stay even more!

Warm Regards,
Chauncey DeVitis

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had an amazing vacation with friends spending NYE in the city, celebrated a birthday and of course the new year! Instead of paying an extra $300 a night to stay downtown, I decided on Silver Cloud on Broadway and could not be happier with my choice. The staff was amazing and very helpful. Great knowledge of the area and great happy hours around. We stayed in a great suite on the top floor with a great view. Will definitely be back to enjoy Seattle and capitol hill more!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends