“Close to Seattle University”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway
Ranked #3 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
“Close to Seattle University”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The location was great in the capital hill area. The and the hotel room was clean, comfortable, and nice. Thw only complaint is I was they didn't charge for parking, and provided a complementary breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights while attending a family Bar Mitzva. I was very impressed with my room (#319), though late at night, one could here rowdy university students outside (I assume they were students because the university is next door).
The Front Desk staff were very helpful; the 'shop' next to the Reception is very convenient, if a bit expensive; the maids were not very helpful, though. I would improve this aspect, if I were the owner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear BunclodySenator,
I appreciate you taking the time to submit a review from your recent stay with us. We love hearing how our guests enjoyed their time with us and I was happy to see that you had a nice stay. I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your housekeeping experience so we can ensure our guests continue to receive the highest level of service. Please contact me at your convenience if you wish to discuss at chaunceyd@silvercloud.com or at 206.204.1180. We hope to have you back as our guest again soon!

206.204.1180
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We just stayed here over the weekend. Clean comfortable and a great location. Hotel staff was helpful and friendly. Loved the shuttle downtown they even dropped us off at a spot not on the list. I will stay here again and tell my friends who need a place to stay when in Seattle.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Vickig5
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I went to Seattle in April to visit my son who attends Seattle Central College. I stayed 4 nights at the Silver Cloud. The shuttle picked us up one short block away from the light rail. The shuttle service was convenient & fairly timely, there was only one "misunderstanding" where they did not pick me up at my location. The rooms were clean, maid service was a tad slow, but good. The staff at the front desk & shuttle drivers were outstanding, very helpful & nice to chat with. The pool was nice, the only draw back was walking across the cold parking structure in a wet suit. The exercise room was nice, but no free weights, they were on order. The fridge, micro wave & complimentary laundry facilities are definitely a plus. I felt very much at home there & will stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room in the back to avoid traffic on Broadway
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank luvtravlin53
Dear luvtravlin53,
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Seattle and thank you for submitting a Trip Advisor Review. Guest feeback is a very important tool for us and I appreciate your comments. I am sorry there was a misunderstanding with the shuttle service and hope it was quickly rectified for you. Also, the free weights are indeed on order and we hope to have them installed in the exercise room in the next couple of weeks. Thank you again for submitting a review! We look forward to your next visit.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights and had the best experience. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, the room had everything that we needed and the food was AWESOME! Everything that we ate we loved and would repeat anytime! There was a very convenient shuttle that ran all over town, and the location was great and easily accessible. Would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AFyogi
Dear AFyogi,
So happy to read that you had a great stay with us! We love anytime we can deliver a great experience for our guests. I agree Jimmy's has excellent food and we just want to say thank you for dining with us during your stay. Please let us know if we can ever be of service on a future visit to make that stay great, too!

Mpls
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Perfect location in a comfortable setting and relaxed and comforting atmosphere. Easy distance to hospitals and the Pike Place Market & waterfront. A good Neighborhood feel to the entire experience. 2nd stay in the month and I know I will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank MGFire289
El Sobrante, California
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our son attends Seattle University, we just walked across the street to me him. We have stayed there twice, it is just so convenient. The shuttle is free and the drivers are kind. The entire experience is great. We have three more years at SU and we plan on staying at the Silver Cloud Hotel- Broadway each and every time we visit the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family