“Great Service and we were not even your customers!”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway
Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Denver, Colorado
“Great Service and we were not even your customers!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked through Priceline. There was a hotel mix up. We paid a for a town car to take us to Silver Cloud on Broadway. Once there we discovered we were actually booked at the Silver Cloud in the University District. Despite being exhausted and disgusted with the mix up and Priceline’s customer service policy, to apologize. Period. When a company takes no accountable they really have no reason to provide customer service. The Silver Cloud on Broadway, despite not even being their hotel guest, treated us well. Quickly they explained the problem. They contacted the Silver Cloud in the University District, and they offered us options to resolve our problem. Despite how tired we were, we were taken back how much they helped us. With a customer service background myself, for decades, I was impressed enough to make the quiet decision to contact the headquarters of Silver Cloud, to be treated so well and not even their hotel guest.

We checked in at the Sliver Cloud Inn, University District. I did not want to go there but that was the most reasonable decision given the hotel mix-up. By the time we checked in, barely began to unpack, the manager on shift was knocking on our door. He had been advised of the situation, listened to us, and offered real solutions that really saved our vacation. The problem was between Priceline and us but it was really Silver Cloud who took the ownership and made things right. Things would have been much different for us if not for the managers and staff at both Silver Clouds. We are more than customers of Silver Cloud but fans. We were so impressed with the seamlessness of both hotels having our best interest in their care, once I post this Trip Advisor Review I will be calling each hotel to advise them, and asking that they forwarded to their headquarters.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Cindy380
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Cindy380,
Thank you for sharing this experience on Trip Advisor. Hospitality is the very nature of what we do and I believe we have some of the best employees in the world working for us. They all embody the spirit of hospitality and show it everyday when working with our guests - whether they are staying in our hotel or not!

I am happy we were able to help get you situated for your stay and we hope to have you back at one of our Silver Cloud Inns & Hotels locations soon! Please contact me directly if I may ever be of any direct assistance.

Chauncey DeVitis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Arabic first
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The best statement for a this review -- "excellent." The hotel is extremely clean and professionally maintained. Since hotel is located about 1 mile from city center, their shuttle service was outstanding -- prompt, courteous, clean, and very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ken W
Dear Ken W,
I think the best response to your review - "thank you"! We sincerely appreciate every guest review we receive and yours was wonderful to read. I am glad you found the hotel and the staff to be great and we hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We chose this hotel as it was close to our son's house on Capitol Hill and was not disappointed. The staff was wonderful. Jimmy's on Broadway was a good place to have breakfast and a late night glass of wine. Our room faced Broadway and was quiet even on a Friday night. We will defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite which was large and bright.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chiquita H
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I travel a ton, on and offshore and I would rate this hotel as one of my favorites. The staff was great and I happened to have meet up a large group of friends for this trip and the staff was great and so accommodating. Often hotels can be a bit stuffy about folks having fun, chatting in large groups and laughing and we didn't experience that at all. I would recommend this hotel for all.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank denahinson2012
Ketchikan, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our first stay at Silver Cloud Broadway. I had to undergo surgery at Swedish Hospital and stay for 2 weeks for outpatient visits. The Hotel is 1 block from the Swedish hospital which made it easy for my wife. The Shuttle service was excellent and always there to take me to and pick me up from appointments. The rooms are very nice and clean. Room had a large Flat screen TV with very good programming. The rooms had a mini sink/bar area with a microwave and frig. The staff were all helpful and polite. The on premises restaurant is very nice and also provides room service. The food was excellent so I never felt I was settling during the week I was hold up in my room. I would recommend this Hotel especially for anyone having to undertake Medical visits at any of the many Hospitals and Medical offices in the Downtown First Hill area of Seattle.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Arlindo M
Dear Arlindo M,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a Trip Advisor review from your recent stay. I was happy to read that you found the hotel comfortable and the staff helpful and polite while you were recuperating. We hope you can return again soon for a leisure visit! Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel is very close to Seattle University. There is an Ihop for breakfast just behind it.
They have a shuttle which will take you to downtown and more. It is less money and very nice.
The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms are very nice and clean. Have stayed there multiple times and will continue to.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BethElizabeth
Dear BethElizabeth,

I wanted to thank you for your continued loyalty to Silver Cloud Inns & Hotels and let you know that your business is very much appreciated. Our staff works hard to ensure we provide the best possible service and accommodations and I am glad to know you will continue to stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of any future assistance!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 June 2014

More affordable than hotels in the heart of downtown Seattle. Close enough to walk to downtown activities, but their free shuttle was convenient, too, and was great after a baseball game at Safeco Field. Room service breakfast was good quality and tasty and allowed us to watch the USA soccer game in the morning from our room.

Room Tip: Our room faced Broadway, but was quiet with no traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family