“Excellent location & Service”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway
Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Quiet, clean and excellent customer service - I think this hotel is the best kept secret in Seattle. It is located in the heart of Capitol Hill, close to restaurants and night life, and minutes from downtown. The best part is that they have a shuttle that picks you up on the last metro stop (if you metro in from the airport) - which is a major bonus if you don't want to rent a car.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank StrollMyWorld
There are newer reviews for Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Wanted to stay in a different neighborhood in Seattle and found the Capitol Hill location quite convenient. The room was comfortable but the bed was very soft. Liked the kitchenette in the room. The free shuttle to downtown was terrific. The driver was amenable and flexible. We did find the price very high for what we got. For the expensive price that we paid it should have been a luxury hotel, which this isn't. Wanted to try the swimming pool but it's in the basement next to the garage and looked a bit dim and dinky.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear naomi_steinberger,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently during your visit to Seattle. We look forward to anytime we can introduce our hotel to a new guest! I am sorry you found the mattress to be too soft. Please let us know your preference for a firmer mattress on your next visit and we will see how we can best accommodate your request.

We understand that pricing is a top concern among our guests and work hard to provide the best possible service and accommodations to remain competitive during the high summer travel season. We certainly hope to have the chance to win your loyalty on a future visit.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with some friends in town for a wedding there was a total of 7 of us, split into 2 rooms. The room was very clean and the bed was comfy! The staff was very helpful and friendly!

We took full advantage of the shuttle and took it several times both days we were there.

Save your money and take the Link Light Rail from the airport to the Westlake station (the last station) and call the hotel shuttle to pick you up.

Room Tip: We had the deluxe king room with a king bed and pull out couch and it worked great for our needs.
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vanessa M
Reviewed 3 August 2014

First of all we have to give credit to Jay Bankson, Assistant General Manager. We had used our computer to reserve a room for our holiday but made an error and ended up with no reservation. Jay was able to save the day for us, he got us a great room and secured a great rate for us. Thanks Jay! The hotel itself seems to be newly renovated and is spotlessly clean. All of the staff members, from Jennifer at the front desk, Jake in Jimmy's and the gentleman manning the shuttles were professional, positive and ensured our stay was great! This hotel is highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise note that the hotel is situated next to a hospital. You might want to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott388

Dear Scott388,
So glad to read your review and learn that Jay was able to save the day! He is a great asset to our management team and I appreciate you mentioning him in your review. Likewise, thank you also for mentioning Jennifer and Jake by name for their hospitality. I will be sure to thank them personally for a job well done.

We hope you have a chance to return soon. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was my first time staying here as my usual hotel for business trips was full. While it wasn't as close to my office as I usually stay, I was pleasantly surprised how convenient it was to still get there (and there wasn't even much traffic so it didn't take a lot longer). I'm not as familiar with this particular area of Seattle but it seemed like a good location.

Overall, while the staff was friendly, I wasn't overly impressed with the room. It was super annoying to have the main bathroom lights connected to the bathroom fan. If I wanted any light over the sink and mirror to get ready, I had to have the fan running too. While it is nice to have a fan, I don't need it running the entire time I am getting ready, so I wound up getting ready in the hallway where I could have light without the fan. I also found that the refrigerator made an enormous amount of sound; every time I walked by it the sound drowned out everything. The first time I heard it I actually thought it was something driving/flying by outside with a loud motor or something. I also didn't care for the fact that while my room wasn't on the ground floor, it opened up onto a courtyard. The courtyard was lovely, but I wasn't comfortable leaving my curtains open when anyone could walk by at any time. Had I known this was the setting, I would have asked for a room on a higher level as I like having the curtains open for more light, especially the beautiful Seattle sun that was shining while I was there.

My stay served its purpose and I appreciated the friendly staff but I am likely to try and stay at my usual hotel, where the rooms are better and they have a complimentary breakfast as well.

Room Tip: I don't recommend a room on the second floor that is attached to their courtyard. I like to have...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy D

Dear Amy D,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit. We like the opportunity to introduce our hotel to new guests and am sorry that you didn't find your room up to your standards. Silver Cloud Inns & Hotels always strives to provide outstanding service and accommodations and we sincerely hope to have the chance to win your loyalty again on a future visit.

Thank you for your feedback on the bathroom lighting and fan as well as the information regarding the refrigerator. The noise you describe is not typical and I will ensure our maintenance team inspects for immediate remedy as needed.

We are always happy to honor our guests requests for room locations and would be happy to help assign you to a higher floor on your next stay.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Room was comfortable. We found a large grey and black hairball on the floor in front of the bed. Guess the vacuum didn't pick it up. Kinda gross thought. We paid over 1,000 for 4 nights and one would think they would have a bell boy to help with luggage. They do and can shuttle you to a few places which was nice. The pool was a bit chilly for my liking but the hot tub was great. It was a nice facility though.
We asked for to be last to have our beds made and have housekeeping service. And when we came back all the did was straighten the bed a bit and the bedspreads were still on the floor. The emptied the garbage and gave us tp and some towels. Otherwise the room was not done. So the rest of the days we put a do not disturb sign up because it didn't seem to make that much difference. I did one review on Jimmy's and not allowed to do another for a month so I thought I would mention it here. We had the Rib Eye steaks and they were excellent !!!! The veggies and potatoes were very good too ! Lettuce on the salads could have been a bit more crisp and fresh. Service was much better then our first visit. Overall a Great Stay !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear sweetgin95,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit your review and want to sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. This is certainly not in keeping with Silver Cloud standards and your review is great feedback to review with our team.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further. Please contact me at your convenience directly at 206.204.1180 or via email at chaunceyd@silvercloud.com.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We chose this hotel because of TA reviews and "relatively" moderate prices. We stayed there first for two nights and took a 2 day excursion to Victoria BC. We HAD REQUESTED an early check in around noon, but no attention was paid to that and we still had to wait til 4 p.m. to check in. The room was 611. WE did have noise from the main A/C unit on the roof in our bathroom, but with door closed it was minimal. Good location with view of the Seattle U's Chapel. Now, when we got back from our Victoria trip for another 3 night stay, we had already ask for the same room. The did not accommodate! They gave us room 619 right under the main A/C unit on the roof! The noise was loud. WE had to close the bathroom door. There was a big gap under the entry door so there was a loud wind noise coming from the hallway because of the continuous A/C running in the hallway. Our room's A/C was VERY noisy. Sounded like a jet engine. We mentioned all of the above to the front desk when we left. Now, about the shuttle. It was the BEST feature of the hotel. If you are flying in to SeaTac, save $50 each way for cab ride and catch the Link Light-rail for $3 each(5 minutes away from terminal) and get off the Westlake station. The shuttle will pick you up right across the station :-). You just have to call the hotel about 10 minutes before you get there. The shuttle service was very valuable. We WILL stay here again, only stay away from 6th floor rooms close to the elevator area.

Room Tip: 6th floor, stay away from anything close to elevator area. Main A/c is right above you on the roof...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mehmin
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear mehmin,
Thank you taking the time to submit a review from your recent stay. Honest guest feedback is an important tool for us and I appreciate your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for the service challenges you encountered. Your experience will be helpful for us to review and improve as we always strive to deliver an outstanding guest experience. I trust that the staff was able to satisfy your concerns when reported, but would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you directly if not. Please contact me at 206.204.1180 or via email at chaunceyd@silvercloud.com.

I am glad that you enjoyed the shuttle service and very happy to know that you will be a return guest. We look forward to your next visit!