“Excellent experience”

Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Simi Valley, California
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The rooms are huge and the staff goes out of their way to make everything easy.The walk to downtown is easy, but if you're not a walker their shuttle service is every half hour and prompt. We walked everywhere from the hotel. This will be my go to hotel when visiting Seattle.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Maureen M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Arabic first
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family and I stayed at the Silver Cloud Broadway for a week while I attended a work conference. Not only did the hotel have a shuttle to Pike Place and the waterfront, but also to Chinatown where my conference was. My husband and son rode the shuttle several different times and never had to wait long. It runs every 30 minutes on the dot.

I had accidentally booked a night at the hotel that I didn't need through Priceline. The Silver Cloud talked to Priceline and let me get out of the last night of my stay, even though it was my mistake. They also allowed me to check out an hour late because of my conference. The front desk employees were always polite and helpful.

The room itself was comfortable, and the hotel was quiet. There is a restaurant downstairs that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and stays open until 11. The hotel is very close to Pike Place (about 1 mile from the Market), but the whole street is lined with restaurants and bars. The quality and selection of restaurants along that street are very good, and there is something that will suit everyone. Also, Seattle University is across the street and provides a nice place for children to run around and get some energy out.

Overall, the hotel is a great place to stay because of its location, amenities, and staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jessica H
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Quiet, clean and excellent customer service - I think this hotel is the best kept secret in Seattle. It is located in the heart of Capitol Hill, close to restaurants and night life, and minutes from downtown. The best part is that they have a shuttle that picks you up on the last metro stop (if you metro in from the airport) - which is a major bonus if you don't want to rent a car.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PTRIPP
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Wanted to stay in a different neighborhood in Seattle and found the Capitol Hill location quite convenient. The room was comfortable but the bed was very soft. Liked the kitchenette in the room. The free shuttle to downtown was terrific. The driver was amenable and flexible. We did find the price very high for what we got. For the expensive price that we paid it should have been a luxury hotel, which this isn't. Wanted to try the swimming pool but it's in the basement next to the garage and looked a bit dim and dinky.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear naomi_steinberger,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently during your visit to Seattle. We look forward to anytime we can introduce our hotel to a new guest! I am sorry you found the mattress to be too soft. Please let us know your preference for a firmer mattress on your next visit and we will see how we can best accommodate your request.

We understand that pricing is a top concern among our guests and work hard to provide the best possible service and accommodations to remain competitive during the high summer travel season. We certainly hope to have the chance to win your loyalty on a future visit.

Thank you again for your review.

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with some friends in town for a wedding there was a total of 7 of us, split into 2 rooms. The room was very clean and the bed was comfy! The staff was very helpful and friendly!

We took full advantage of the shuttle and took it several times both days we were there.

Save your money and take the Link Light Rail from the airport to the Westlake station (the last station) and call the hotel shuttle to pick you up.

Room Tip: We had the deluxe king room with a king bed and pull out couch and it worked great for our needs.
Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vanessa M
Edmonton
Reviewed 3 August 2014

First of all we have to give credit to Jay Bankson, Assistant General Manager. We had used our computer to reserve a room for our holiday but made an error and ended up with no reservation. Jay was able to save the day for us, he got us a great room and secured a great rate for us. Thanks Jay! The hotel itself seems to be newly renovated and is spotlessly clean. All of the staff members, from Jennifer at the front desk, Jake in Jimmy's and the gentleman manning the shuttles were professional, positive and ensured our stay was great! This hotel is highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise note that the hotel is situated next to a hospital. You might want to...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott388
Dear Scott388,
So glad to read your review and learn that Jay was able to save the day! He is a great asset to our management team and I appreciate you mentioning him in your review. Likewise, thank you also for mentioning Jennifer and Jake by name for their hospitality. I will be sure to thank them personally for a job well done.

We hope you have a chance to return soon. We look forward to your next visit!

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was my first time staying here as my usual hotel for business trips was full. While it wasn't as close to my office as I usually stay, I was pleasantly surprised how convenient it was to still get there (and there wasn't even much traffic so it didn't take a lot longer). I'm not as familiar with this particular area of Seattle but it seemed like a good location.

Overall, while the staff was friendly, I wasn't overly impressed with the room. It was super annoying to have the main bathroom lights connected to the bathroom fan. If I wanted any light over the sink and mirror to get ready, I had to have the fan running too. While it is nice to have a fan, I don't need it running the entire time I am getting ready, so I wound up getting ready in the hallway where I could have light without the fan. I also found that the refrigerator made an enormous amount of sound; every time I walked by it the sound drowned out everything. The first time I heard it I actually thought it was something driving/flying by outside with a loud motor or something. I also didn't care for the fact that while my room wasn't on the ground floor, it opened up onto a courtyard. The courtyard was lovely, but I wasn't comfortable leaving my curtains open when anyone could walk by at any time. Had I known this was the setting, I would have asked for a room on a higher level as I like having the curtains open for more light, especially the beautiful Seattle sun that was shining while I was there.

My stay served its purpose and I appreciated the friendly staff but I am likely to try and stay at my usual hotel, where the rooms are better and they have a complimentary breakfast as well.

Room Tip: I don't recommend a room on the second floor that is attached to their courtyard. I like to have...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy D
Dear Amy D,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit. We like the opportunity to introduce our hotel to new guests and am sorry that you didn't find your room up to your standards. Silver Cloud Inns & Hotels always strives to provide outstanding service and accommodations and we sincerely hope to have the chance to win your loyalty again on a future visit.

Thank you for your feedback on the bathroom lighting and fan as well as the information regarding the refrigerator. The noise you describe is not typical and I will ensure our maintenance team inspects for immediate remedy as needed.

We are always happy to honor our guests requests for room locations and would be happy to help assign you to a higher floor on your next stay.

Thank you again for your feedback.