“An Oasis Near First Hill Hospitals, on Broadway”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway
Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 5 October 2010

The Silver Cloud on Broadway is an elegant, well run hotel. From the Terra Cotta soldiers in the lobby, to the granite counters and flat screens, the whole place is beautiful. The staff are very helpful and polite. Parking is available for an up charge. The new restaurant/bar, Jimmy's is recently remodeled and first rate. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway

Reviewed 5 October 2010

Got this hotel through Priceline where it was advertised as "downtown". Well it's a little outside the downtown area on the other side of the highway.

At first I was not really happy with the location. But after staying there I can say that walking from the hotel to downtown locations such as Pike's Place isn't too bad. And if you don't want to walk they have a shuttle (although I didn't use it).

Rooms are comfy and a good size.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2010

We got a great rate through PriceLIne. We travel to Seattle frequently and usually stay downtown at one of two favourite hotels but with Priceline we thought we'd try somewhere else for this 4 day trip. The hotel was excellent. The people at the front desk were efficient and very friendly. As it was our anniversary, they kindly upgraded us to a larger room on the top floor. The room was perfect and very clean. Jimmy's, the hotel's restaurant, was excellent. We were very pleased with everything we ordered.

The hotel is situated in Capitol Hill. On our first day there we took the time to walk around the neighborhood. It is very funky, filled with coffee shops, clubs, and interesting stores. As well, there are several major hospital and two colleges within blocks.

The swimming pool is excellent. It's hidden away in the parking garage - a somewhat unusual location - but easy to get to.

The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from downtown shopping, Pike Place Market, and Pioneer Square. We used this service frequently and were very happy with it!

All in all - its a great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaleRobyn
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We checked into the hotel after I was released from the hospital after having c-spine surgery and was wearing a c-spine collar. The assistant manager checking us in was extremely gracious, and immediately upgraded us to a jaccuzi suite with fireplace after taking one look at me. The staff was very warm and professional; our room was absolutely exceptional; the jaccuzi tub and fireplace amazing! The room service from the new restaurant, Jimmy's was also great. They had cooked something incorrectly to my friends meal, and upon calling them, they quickly brought up the right meal and gave us a discount. We would stay there again anytime!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Very Nice Hotel with tons of different ethnic eateries within blocks. Staff and servers at the hotel restaurant "Jimmy's" very friendly and accommodating. Hotel is about 1 mile from Pike Place Market however hotel offers a shuttle to 5 different stops around the Seattle downtown area. If you don’t want to hoof it, take the shuttle. Driver Neil gave us the history of the city and neighborhoods has he drove us to the Pike Place shuttle drop off point. Bartender Brenda at Jimmy’s offered tastings of local beers that we weren’t familiar with. She was great!! Our room had a Refrig. and microwave. 1 block away was a 24hr grocery store. We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ratzilla
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I made a double booking for my parents and I. We were travelling into Seattle separately and going to meet a the hotel the following morning. My parents share the same unusual surname as me, so there is little doubt to our relationship.

My plane was delayed, so we arrived at 1am. My parents tried to check in at 6pm, before their dinner.

However, because I was not present the hotel refused to give my parents their room. Instead they let them sit in the lobby for the entire evening!!! Even when my father offered to secure the room using his credit card, the hotel were unwilling to co-operate.

My parents are both over 60. This is service I would not expect an animal to endure!!!

When I arrived I expressed my disappointment at the situation. The receptionist who served us simply said 'I have only just started my shift'. Words lost me at this point...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank fitz_c
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2010

Thank you for posting your comments and sharing your experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Without doubt, our staff should have been able to recognize this situation and accommodate your parents accordingly. Your feeback will serve as a valuable training tool for our staff to improve our ability to handle each situation based upon the needs of the guest. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

my wife and i were to be in seattle for the weekend. we had previously booked another room at a different hotel, but when we were unable to check in a day earlier then we had planned (extra vacay day - bonus!!!), we were able to sneak a night in at the silver cloud.

quite a nice hotel with friendly staff and situated right next to all of the action happening in the capitol hill and pike/pine neighborhoods. we enjoyed a clean and quiet room with a nice step out to a shared courtyard. surprisingly quiet for it's location on such a busy street in a bustling commercial area. a nice, quick walk to tons of restaurants and shops, and the salted caramel ice cream just up and around the corner at molly moo... (incredible!!)

a bit steep for parking ($16), but nice and secure. i guess i'm just spoiled never having to pay when i'm around home... altogether, quite a pleasant and enjoyable stay - even if only for one night. we wish we could have stayed a bit longer.

for security conscious travellers - this hotel is outstanding. access to guest floors is by key card only. we always feel very safe and comfortable at any of the silver cloud locations where we've stayed...

one minor ding - there was a bit of peeling paint on the bathroom ceiling and dingy sealant on the bathtub. not bad at all, but totally unexpected given the general condition of the property and the somewhat upscale presentation elsewhere. otherwise room was spotless and very well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple