“Very Nice Place”

Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Missoula, Montana
“Very Nice Place”
Reviewed 24 January 2011

My brother and I went to Seattle in July to catch the Mariners-Yankees series. We stayed in the Silver Cloud - Broadway because it was really one of the few places we could find that still had room.

The rooms are great. Very large with a nice TV and refrigerator! The bathroom was great too. Beds are comfortable.

They have a nice business center in the lobby also which was a plus because I needed to take care of some work stuff while I was there. The shuttle service is absolutely golden. Who cares if you are not in the heart of downtown, the shuttle will take you there!

My only complaint was the rate. Our's was expensive. However, everyone else on here has said they have gotten a very fair rate so I think next time I will have to make reservations earlier and through one of the agencies everyone else is talking about. But it is definitely not highway robbery as the hotel is very nice.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Like many on here I decided to stay here because priceline put me up at this hotel. It was far from downtown, but the shuttle service was nice to drop you off. The pick up was not as convienAnt. They would only meet you at 4 different areas throughout the city and I had to call severAl times to get a hold of someone.
This leads to another complaint. They should not be able to put that they have a concierge on their webpage when there is no concierge available. What they have is a front desk, and that is all.

Several times I tried speaking to the front desk and they always tried to rush me off the phone. Terrible customer service and here is he kicker:
My girlfriend and I showed up at midnight to the hotel and asked about getting something to drink. All we wanted was water. They front desk told us that they would give us two bottles that were warm. We were appreciative until we saw the hotel bill. Six dollars for two small bottles of water that were warm and given to us as if they were complimentary.
Terrible staff, terrible customer service , and the restaurant was not great. Had the chicken wings at the bar and they tasted as if the oil they had used to cook them was 5 years-old.

Skip this place!!!

• Stayed January 2011
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this review, 25 January 2011
Dear Sae_adub,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies as your stay didn't meet the high level of service our guests have come to expect from Silver Cloud. It is true our shuttle service has designated pick up / drop off points that are designed to ensure consistency in service and wait times. As well, I am sorry that the service you received from our staff both on the phone and in person late in the evening wasn't as welcoming as it should have been. Your comments are very much appreciated and will be shared with our staff as a training opportunity to improve.

We would very much like the opportunity to have you return for a future visit so we can provide you with the great experience our staff is capable of delivering. Please contact me at chaunceyd@silvercloud.com and I would be happy to assist with your reservations.

Warm Regards,
Chauncey DeVitis
Monrovia, California
Reviewed 19 January 2011

The Silver Cloud is a rather nice hotel with clean, quiet rooms and a very pleasant staff. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds which were very comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. The room was quiet and fairly spacious. There is fast, free WIFI and a nice flat panel TV. It's a non-smoking hotel and when our hallway filled up with the odor of cig smoke the hotel sent an engineer up to find the source and put an end to it. There is coffee available in the lobby all day and also a basket of apples. I didn't use the fitness center but a friend did and he rated it a B-. I wasn't too enamored to pay $16 per night for parking but, given the area, it's not an unreasonable charge or rate.

The hotel is right across from Seattle University and Swedish Hospital as well as right in the middle of a very hipster area with lots of places to eat. I didn't eat at the hotel's restaurant so cannot comment on that. There is an IHOP right next door and had two decent breakfasts there.

The hotel has a free shuttle that will take you to several locations. The driver was friendly and knows the area so you can ask him for suggestions of things to do, places to eat, etc. Remember to tip him! A friend and his family took the light rail in from the airport and was picked up by the hotel shuttle. They called the hotel from the train and the shuttle arrived at the pickup point in a timely manner.

This is a nice hotel and the room rates are reasonable. It's a very good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011
Dear Marklaw,

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay. Reviews like yours help other travelers with their lodging decisions and I truly appreciate you highlighting our hotel! We strive to provide an excellent value and world class service for our guests and was happy to read that we met that mark for you. Thank you for your comments on the amenities we offer including our shuttle service - this is by far our most popular and most used amenity. We feel we have the best shuttle drivers in Seattle and I will share your comments with them. Thank you also for your comments about our parking charges. Parking rates in Seattle are very high but we do our best to deliver the best value possible and our hotel has one of the lowest overnight parking rates in the city.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, it is much appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Chauncey DeVitis
Connell, Washington
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I stayed here for a doctor's appointment next to Swedish. It wasn't bad, price didn't seem too bad but I felt amenities were lacking. If not going to Swedish or SU I wouldn't stay here. I walked to QFC as I arrived late due to weather. Front desk person was unfriendly. Rooms were small but space was well used. Comfy bed and nice 42' flat screen TV. Morning staff was much friendlier and efficient than their evening counterpart. If you get there early enough quite a few little restaurants, cafes, and bars within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank travelbanana
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I took my grandson to Seattle for his 8th birthday present. We were both very pleased with the hotel, its wonderful restaurant, and convenient shuttle service to downtown sites. The staff was professional, friendly, and helpful at every turn. Room clean and comfortable. Walking distance to great grocery store and several restaurants. I would stay here again with absolutely no hesitation.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank SullyB5
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed 8 December 2010

We hurriedly booked the Silver Cloud because it is the closest hospital to the Swedish Hospital in Seattle. We were expecting an average hotel. We just wanted to be near our son and daughter-in-law who were staying and caring for their premature baby at Swedish Hospital in the neonatal unit.

Were we happily surprised. The Silver cloud was certainly the silver lining to our stressful trip. The property is exceptional in so many ways. The décor is contemporary, yet warm and inviting. It is obvious that the company hired top-notch designers, as there is a nice mix of stone and wood, colors and fabrics, from the lobby to your room. Speaking of the lobby, it is spacious and it contains a welcoming fireplace. There is a ready bowl of Washington apples for guests there, as well as hot Tully’s coffee just to the side. They feature a well-appointed business office, hidden a bit, but well maintained and very handy. We also inspected the lap pool and exercise room, and could not believe the number of machines available, from treadmills to weight training apparatus. And secure parking is available in a handy basement lot.

We found the staff to be friendly and extremely accommodating. We did not take advantage of the free shuttle, but would on a more leisurely trip. The property is located in the Capitol Hill area and there are numerous trendy restaurants in the area. Jimmy’s Bistro is an integral part of the property. It is just off the lobby so you don’t need to go outside to enter. We found a nice food variety there and everything was hot and delicious. They have a full (cool) bar and a nice wine and beer selection. We ate there several times, even breakfast. Again, the staff was warm and friendly.

I may sound overly positive but that is because they deserve it. I’m not one to give a pass when I see problems, but frankly I had none at the Silver Cloud Seattle and I look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CoastieDad
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Stayed for a Friday and Saturday night in November
Nice little hotel - Stayed in a King Bed room 648 - Corner suite
Very clean and quiet - Parking $16 per night
Shuttle service is great and easy to use
Lots of bars and restuarants in area
Walked down Boradway to El Mestizo Mexcian restaurant - loved the food
Staff very polite and helpfull

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple