“Enjoyable Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tequesta, Florida
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Was here last week for 4 nights (Sun-Thurs). I enjoy old, classic hotels so this one fit the bill in that regard. We had a room on the 7th floor which offered a decent view down 4th toward the Space Needle. Beds comfy, bathroom was luxurious enough. I used the pool deck one afternoon....pool/hot tub indoors with two relatively small outdoor decks with a few chairs & loungers on them. I tried to read outside since there were kids screaming in the pool which just echoed throughout but it was a tad chilly & there was quite a bit of traffic noise.

I did not eat any meals in hotel but wish I had tried out Shuckers...it looked quaint.

Location was quite convenient....almost daily I would walk down to the Public Market for breakfast or lunch. Hotel was walkable to convention center & several shops (but most of them were chain stores...i.e. Macy's, Nordstroms, etc.)

I liked that they offered wine glasses in the room (most hotels don't) & often I will grab a bottle to enjoy throughout a stay....however, I will say that the glasses were absolutelly filthy which was basically the only housekeeping issue I encountered during the stay.

The lounge late evenings was quite busy but didn't have much atmosphere....I would expect something better.

We really enjoyed the place across the street called "Purple"....basically a wine bar with good food. Very cool atmosphere...probably one of the best meals we had in all of Seattle!

1 Thank traveltina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oakland, California
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We chose this hotel mainly because of its indoor pool and fairly easy walk to Pikes Place and other attractions and transport in downtow Seattle. Had two young kids with us and truly enjoyed the wonderful swimming pool. Our regular room with a king bed was very small, but they brought up a fridge upon request and it was clean, comfortable and cozy. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
DennisClark, General Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Thank you for your comments, we are happy to hear you and your family enjoyed their stay. The pool and fitness center are an important part of our our hotel and the staff works very hard to keep it clean and comfortable, they will appreciate your kind feedback.
Hingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This grand hotel is top in service and ambience. Beautiful lobby bar.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed here to attend a conference at the nearby convention center. The lobby of the hotel is quite striking, it makes a great first impression! All of the staff I encountered were polite and efficient. The attendant who assisted me with getting a cab was especially friendly, calling me by name during our conversation. My room, a corner room on the 4th floor, was large and well appointed. As a corner room I think it was a little larger than the average king room. Everything was clean. I didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel unless I was sleeping, but it seemed well-insulated from noise and outside light.

Only areas for improvement I saw was that the full-length mirror was in a dark spot between the bathroom and the closet, a little difficult to see well right there. I didn't care for the scent of the soap or lotion provided. It seemed old! Otherwise I had a perfect stay!

Pittsburgh
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I've been in Seattle all week for a conference and stayed at the Fairmont for the first time. The hotel is gorgeous, but what truly stands out is their customer service. I showed up on Monday after neglecting to change my reservation from my original Sunday arrival, and they were kind enough to give me a room in spite of my late arrival. The hotel is breathtaking, very old school classic. I ate in the Terrace Bar two nights after working hard all day and was so impressed with the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. They spoke to me by name after only my first night, which, during my frequent travels, is so rare to find. On top of that, their wine selection is incredible. I will definitely stay here when my travels bring me back to Seattle.

new jersey
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This hotel was truly outstanding in every respect... from the location, the building, the flowers and the rooms. The service was impecable and the food amazing .. fresh, tasty and creatively presented. We were upgraded the second stay round and the bathroom on the 11th floor was enormous. Everthing was first class and a visit to the spa is a must. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shekie
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 17 July 2012

From the start it was apparent that the employees were friendly and attentive. We were amazed at the professionalism of every member of the hotel staff. The rooms were spacious and up to date. Overall a very relaxing stay at a wonderful hotel.