“Lovely hotel with a great, friendly staff”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel when in Seattle for a convention. The hotel is conveniently located - just a few short blocks from the Washington Convention Center and an easy walk to Pike Place Market. I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff as soon as I arrived. I was lucky enough to get a beautiful corner room with nice views of the water and the city. The Keurig was a big plus, as I am a coffee addict - it felt like home! The room was spacious, well-appointed and spotlessly clean and fresh. I ordered room service a couple of times during my stay, and again, I was impressed. The speed of delivery, friendliness of the staff and quality and presentation of the food was superb. I'd highly recommend this hotel for any type of stay in one of my favorite cities. Be sure to join the Fairmont Presidents Club too!

Room Tip: I think you may get a preferred room if you're a Presidents Club member.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I guess you expect great service from any Fairmont Hotel, but the staff here exceeded my expectations. From the front desk staff, to the valet, the bell staff, the housekeeping staff, every need was not only met, but anticipated. I hosted a small group here and highly recommend the Fairmont Olympic for its location, quality of rooms and furnishings, and friendly, efficient staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
DennisClark, General Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Thank you very much for bringing your group to the hotel. Our straff works tirelesly to maintain the hotel and care for our guests and they will appreciate your kind recognition of ther effort very much.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My family and I stayed here for four nights in July and totally loved staying at this hotel. The staff were amazing and our suite was perfect. Our two children had a great time in the pool. The Hotel is very centrally located and we were able to walk everywhere. We will most certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My sister and i came to seattle last minute and this was the only hotel available! we found it on quikbook.
We paid $200 for 2 queen beds. See photo. Nothing special. If you are a fairmont club member (its free), you can get internet free, otherwise they charge you $15???
It was a nice big room but no view. The hotel is huge and ornate. It has a big lobby where lots of people were mingling and having a good ol time. We stayed there midweek and It seems like a lot of well heeled business and conference people.
The concierge helped us get a reservation at sitka and spruce which was terrific.
Our room was on the second floor. The pool and exercise room were there. It looked nice but i didnt use it. They also have a nice terrace there for casual drinks too. The bottom of the hotel has a nice selection of shops including a good coffee spot.
This is a really old hotel with an interesting past, (i think it was a Four Seasons a while back) and I guess its close to a hundred years old!
The hotel was near the cool central library. You must check it out.
We only stayed here for a night before we headed to the San Juan Islands for a few days.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel and its historic charm. We hope that your travels bring you back to hotel again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Was here last week for 4 nights (Sun-Thurs). I enjoy old, classic hotels so this one fit the bill in that regard. We had a room on the 7th floor which offered a decent view down 4th toward the Space Needle. Beds comfy, bathroom was luxurious enough. I used the pool deck one afternoon....pool/hot tub indoors with two relatively small outdoor decks with a few chairs & loungers on them. I tried to read outside since there were kids screaming in the pool which just echoed throughout but it was a tad chilly & there was quite a bit of traffic noise.

I did not eat any meals in hotel but wish I had tried out Shuckers...it looked quaint.

Location was quite convenient....almost daily I would walk down to the Public Market for breakfast or lunch. Hotel was walkable to convention center & several shops (but most of them were chain stores...i.e. Macy's, Nordstroms, etc.)

I liked that they offered wine glasses in the room (most hotels don't) & often I will grab a bottle to enjoy throughout a stay....however, I will say that the glasses were absolutelly filthy which was basically the only housekeeping issue I encountered during the stay.

The lounge late evenings was quite busy but didn't have much atmosphere....I would expect something better.

We really enjoyed the place across the street called "Purple"....basically a wine bar with good food. Very cool atmosphere...probably one of the best meals we had in all of Seattle!

1  Thank traveltina
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We chose this hotel mainly because of its indoor pool and fairly easy walk to Pikes Place and other attractions and transport in downtow Seattle. Had two young kids with us and truly enjoyed the wonderful swimming pool. Our regular room with a king bed was very small, but they brought up a fridge upon request and it was clean, comfortable and cozy. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for your comments, we are happy to hear you and your family enjoyed their stay. The pool and fitness center are an important part of our our hotel and the staff works very hard to keep it clean and comfortable, they will appreciate your kind feedback.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

This grand hotel is top in service and ambience. Beautiful lobby bar.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business