“Excellent!”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Not every Fairmont is as outstanding as this gem and thus the motivation to review our recent experience. We arrived early and received a complimentary upgrade at check-in, very unusual. The accommodations were excellent. The king-size bed was extremely comfortable, it was like an elegant home away-from-home. The staff was courteous, competent and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel basis our recent experience there.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

this is one of those classic hotels which are not too common to find. the decor is classy, food is great, service very prompt. I stayed with my son and the hotel took great care for both of us. the location is absolutely fantastic, in the heart of Seattle downtown. The whole of downtown is very walk able and therefore this is a good location too in case you do not have personal transport, like us as we were visiting from India. this is also conveniently located and is a stop for the airport transporter buses. The monorail station is also quite walk able. therefore if you have a taste for a classic American feel,then this is the right place to be. I would surely love to come back again and again to this place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
DennisClark, General Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Mathurs, Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experiences. Seattle is a wonderful city and we love being in the center of the action. Very glad to hear enjoyed the hotel as well.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I go to Seattle every couple of years to see the Seahawks. I do not know how I'll be able to return unless I am staying at The Fairmont Olympic. The service was outstanding, food great (Shuckers and The Georgian both notable) and lots of little extras made for a superb experience. Shout outs to Doina, Raju, Don, Marc, Rishi and Ephraim for each finding a way to go the extra mile.
The location is great, and it IS possible to get to Pike Market without feeling like a mountain climber. (Hint: use 5th to Stewart).
My wife and I had a great time and recommend the place highly.
The fact that the Seahawks beat The Cowboys only added to the outstanding travel experience.

Tom Dolan

Room Tip: We were in a King Suite that was just perfect fir a four night stay.
1  Thank Tom D
DennisClark, General Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Tom D. Very glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and we will certaily pass along your kind comments to the staff. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Location is within easy walking distance of Pike Street Market (7 minute walk). Rooms very well kept and clean. Service impeccable. Workout facilities and pool very good. Will definitely stay here again.

William P
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

I grew up in Seattle, and the Olympic Hotel was always part of the heart of downtown Seattle, and our lives. I think my high school prom was even held there. My husband and I decided to enjoy a long weekend here recently. It was maybe the third or fourth time I've stayed at this property, which of course has changed management several times over the years. We visit the Seattle area often, but normally stay in Bellevue, or if we're downtown it's a brief stay for a particular purpose. This was one of the few times we just wanted to enjoy being in downtown Seattle -- and we did! The hotel is in great shape for its age, and maintains its historic charm and elegance, while offering the upgraded modern amenities like wi-fi, which is free for Fairmont President's Club members. We had great service, food and beverages in the Terrace Lounge a couple of times, but did not dine in the other restaurants. The Purple Cafe is right across the street, and we loved that. We upgraded to an Executive Suite, which I recommend. It was lovely. My only suggestion is to put a power strip at the desk, as there are not enough outlets for all our devices. Parking is expensive, though the valet service is very nice. If you don't need to venture out of downtown Seattle, you don't need a car. This property is an easy walk to shopping, restaurants, and theaters, all of which we enjoyed! All in all, we had a lovely stay here, and look forward to a return visit to the Fairmont Olympic!

Room Tip: Get an Executive Suite ... Roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
DennisClark, General Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

RW, thank you for your kind review of the hotel. We are proud to be the caretakers of this histoic hotel and really appreciate when our guests enjoy the charm and elegance of the property. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We were going to a Seahawks game and wanted a hotel that was close to everything. This hotel is in a perfect location and is classier than anyone needs or deserves. From the time of arrival, when i realized that I had screwed up my dates (I wasnt suppose to check in until a day later) till the time I checked out (They gave me a complimentary "late checkout till 2PM), this place was everything we wanted.
the room they gave us because of my screw up was the presidential suite! The room was about 2000 sq ft with a grand piano in it!!! Room was very clean and obviously spacious. The staff were extremely professional and polite, bell boys could not do enough for you the concierge was very helpful and the BMW 7 series hotel car was the icing on the cake!!!
Everything from restaurants, shops, bars and harbor front were all within walking distance. Seahawks stadium was a about a 40 minute walk but was nice to walk through this part of old seattle before the game!!!!
We thoroughly enjoyed out stay!!!

Room Tip: Ask about the presidential suite!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Gronk49, Sometimes things just have a way of working out for the best. Thank you for staying with us and glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel. "Go Seahawks"!

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed at the Fairmont for a week while in the Seattle downtown on business. The hotel was clean, comfortable, quiet, located in a very central downtown location, and nicely met all my expectations. The bed was perhaps the most comfortable of any hotel I've ever stayed, with great pillows and linens. The room was appointed with a comfortable upolstered chair and footstool, a nice though small desk and chair, decent flat screen TV, mini-bar/fridge with some room for my own beverages, and a Keurig with an assortment of Green Mountain coffee (my favorite). The bathroom was clean and spacious, with upscale toiletries. The room windows brought in a lot of great daylight and gave nice views of nearby buildings. The hotel is located a short distance from the central branch of the Seattle Public library (interesting architecture and great library), Seattle Art Museum, Pike Street Market, Westlake Center (catch monorail to Seattle Center), etc. There are many nice nearby restaurants, but also an assortment of places where one can get an inexpensive lunch (Subway, Mels). I would definitely stay at the Fairmont again.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room on a high floor, away from the elevator, as I do in all hotels. Beyond that...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business