“Still the best in Seattle”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #17 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland OR
“Still the best in Seattle”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I read "doug100worth";s review, and can't agree more - I am a return customer, and look forward to future visit as well. The hotel is old-fashioned, with old-fashioned courtesy and politeness to go with it. You feel pampered at spa, and treated well at the restaurants downstairs. If you don't feel like a formal food served at the hotel, there are a lot of restaurants nearby. The cafe downstairs have good baked goods and coffee in a casual atmosphere. There are a lot of shopping nearby as well, and taxis are plentiful.

Someone commented on gym equipment being from 90s or something- I can't talk about weight machines (wait, how new do free weights have to be?), but cardio machines are up to date - digital with iphone hookup via USB, in several different languages. I found them newer than my gym's. The attendants at the fitness center are very nice too. I enjoyed going there.

Room Tip: A lot of good rooms - Tell the front staff your special needs or requests if any, and they will do t...
Green Features: recycle basket in every room. They don't change the linen everyday unless you request it to be changed.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I checked into this hotel with my mother in the same room. My stay at this hotel was going great, until it was ruined on the 3rd day when the hotel staff called to inquire when I would be arriving as they had held a room for me for 2nights as per reservations made.
The staff then proceeded to state that they did not know I had checked into the hotel (as if this is really possible given the state of security in the world) and thus charged us the FULL RATE for 2 nights for the unoccupied room. The staff member that called us to share this news was curt and unapologetic. Yes, the reservations were for 2 rooms but surely to claim they did not know I had checked into the hotel - after I was there for 2 days- is a little ridiculous.
Needless to say this hotel damaged both my finances and my perception of it!! Wouldn't recommend it to anyone

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank Maria M
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We have been staying at the Olympic for more than 30 years. We've stayed when it was managed by Four Seasons and since it's been managed by Fairmont. We've stayed more than 100 times and love the place. Sure, we have favorite rooms but it's more than the rooms as they don't have that great Seattle view. It's the people......many of whom have been around the whole time. When in Seattle, the Olympic is that only place you should stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank doug100worth
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The Fairmont Olympic Hotel is a breathtaking property. From the moment you walk in, you breathe grandeur. Located in the downtown area near Pike Market Place and a great number of high end stores, this hotel is a great choice for anyone traveling to Seattle and wanting to like a king (or queen).

The staff is professional and incredibly friendly. They did everything in their power to make sure our stay was comfortable. Even when we arrived late after a city tour the day of we were checking out, we were not rushed out of our rooms and told that we could take our time to pack and freshen up. I cannot emphasize how wonderful it felt to be treated like a guest instead of a pestilence. They really went above and beyond.

Breakfast at The Georgian was nothing short of a foodie delight. I really recommend you trying their fruit juice of the day. It was to die for. I normally don’t have such strong feelings about fruit juices. I also recommend their Olympic Rooftop Honey Bee Breakfast. Trust me, you won’t be sorry.

The rooms were spacious, immaculately furnished to the majestic vibe the hotel perpetuates. The bed was so fluffy I thought I was sleeping in a cloud. Everything was pristine.

Whenever I return to Seattle, I will definitely stay at Fairmont Olympic Hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Gorgeous well run hotel.. Spa was wonderful. Location was great. Thoroughly pleased. The market was in walking distance. Very accommodating staff, very professional. I could not have asked for anything more....

• Stayed October 2013
Vancouver
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Exceptional service from the moment we arrived, staff was keen to help and attentive. The hotel is centrally located so close to shopping and Pike Market. Our room was well appointed and very comfortable. I had some challenges with the wifi as it kept dropping off and I think I may have been connected through 3G most of my stay instead of the free wifi. Beware if you are driving the only hotel parking available is valet and it is expensive ($45 per day) and if you need something out of your car it takes about ten minutes to get your car up to the front door for you to access (although the staff are cheerful about it). Breakfast was nothing to rave about. We chose not to have the buffet and our food was very slow to arrive and one egg was hard and one egg soft. However our server was very attentive and professional.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We were very impressed with the quality of the employees, from Nathan at the front door to the front desk and room maids, this is a high quality boutique hotel.
We had 3 rooms, all rooms are small and a little noisy at night from the street folk, however, they are very clean and well appointed.
The location of the hotel was excellent, directly in the middle of the city and 2 blocks from the markets.
A 30 minute drive from the airport. I'm sure you will enjoy.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor to help reduce street noise
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family