“The hotel is beautiful”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #12 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 December 2013

It is another grand Fairmont Hotel. Fairmont is different than most chains because each hotel has its own unique and distinct feel. The rooms are very spacious, and the hotel is is the centre of the city. I had a few qualms with my stay, some are specific to this property and others are issues with Fairmont as a whole.

1. Parking at $47 a night is theft. Anything over $35 is egregious, even in Seattle, a place that is famous for expensive parking.

2. All Fairmont properties seem to be designed for the short in stature. I am 6'2 and Fairmont is the one hotel where I can never find a shower head that is more than an inch taller than me. It is ridiculous.

3. Booked the hotel through Expedia. Apparently, that disallows you from enjoying the benefits of being a President's Club member. That is stupid. An airline will give me points/miles regardless of what mechanism I book through. It should be the same for hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank treepondersleaf
There are newer reviews for The Fairmont Olympic Seattle

Reviewed 25 December 2013

The hotel is central to everything. Very good service. We stayed in a suite with a King bed. What's up with the see-through curtain dividing the space? I was hoping the curtain will block the light and noise from the sitting room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My son and I went to Seattle to catch the Seahawks game and stayed one night at this grand old hotel. The access is a little tough as it is somewhat mid block and it was very busy so even getting my car to the front door was a chore .There was many people down for the game and for Xmas stopping as it is very close to the major department stores. Once arrived and my car taken away for valet ( $49.00) registration was quick and efficient .Once we deposited our bags into our room , we found it was lovely .we had a sitting room and a bedroom and a very large unsuited bathroom .We went down for a snack in the bobby bar and our food was great with decent service . The turkey club house is huge everything very fresh and would highly recommend . Be prepared for Fairmont prices though. our drinks and two lunches pushed $50.00 . Our room was big and very nicely furnished .Great linens which is a trademark of Fairmont but I found the mattress to stiff just ,my own opinion mind you .Everything else was find but getting my car put of valet took 30 minutesI thought that was too slow regardless of the season and probably for that reason a lone would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors noisy area
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We were in Seattle to meet up with some family at a reunion. We decided to stay at the Fairmont Olympic because it was also close to the stadium to see a football game. The staff are excellent, very friendly, can't be beat. The rooms are dated, a little historic, as compared to other Fairmont hotels....but we absolutely loved it!

Room Tip: If the rooms is not what you expect, pick up the phone and let the folks at the Front Desk know. Th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Taxi from airport is $41ish + tip. Easy walk from hotel to light rail (we went to NFL game), Pike Market, and convention center. Jacuzzi is huge. Service is Excellent! We were there Wed - Mon, asked for a refrigerator and one was brought immediately ($25 one time charge) There is a small grocery/deli store (sells beer) just across the street to the west (sort of hidden, ask if you don't see it) WiFi is free if you sign up for club - it was slow. I would not hesitate to stay again. A bit pricey but comparable to everything else in area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TimM2012
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Coming back from an Alaska trip I had the occasion to stay at the Fairmont Olympic in Seattle. Ah...those wondeful old (on the positive side, meaning luxe and tradition) grand hotels !
The location is perfect , being an old establishment means also that it was built in a today unbeatable position , near to almost everithing in downtown Seattle.
The splendid lobby is ample and elegant and having breakfast in the Georgian restaurant is a true pleasure . A special note of appreciation to the concieges , all very helpful and courteous.
At the Shuckers oyster bar we had the best seafood dinner of our whole trip. The rooms are beautiful, ample , elegantly furnished and with all the possible amenities you would expect to find in a grand hotel.
And this is a truly "GRAND" hotel !

Room Tip: De luxe rooms costs a little more but are spacious and offer nice vistas of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write. I am glad to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and that you could describe your meal here as the best seafood of your trip. Shuckers is a local gem and I am glad that you were able to experience it. I greatly appreciate your kind words describing the timelessness of the hotel, but especially for pointing out the service you received from our staff. We are always striving for excellence and personal service, and it is very rewarding when our guests take the time to let us know they are pleased.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Seattle and seeing you here at our grand hotel again.

Best wishes in the New Year,

Guy Bittner
Director of Operations

Reviewed 20 December 2013

This hotel used to be a Four Seasons, and you can tell.
The Staff and service is great, but the facilities let them done. the room and bathroom have controls and bathtub from the 70's.
I did not have hot water in my antiquated bath/shower. I couldn't even shower before my morning flight.
when I told them upon check-out--even as Presidents Club Platinum member--they just said "sorry".
Breakfast in the Georgian room was fabulous. Dinner at Shuckers was ok.

Room Tip: don't choose Room 761
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business