The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
  • Pool
Motif Seattle(Seattle)
  • Pool
3,282 results
All reviewsgeorgian roomgeorgian restaurantpresident's clubshuckers restaurantan executive suitebeautiful hotelhealth clubroom servicefour seasonsconcierge desklobby barpike place marketcar servicefitness centercorner roomthe location is perfectstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have always loved coming to this hotel, especially when it was the Four Seasons and they would welcome you back when you checked in. My last stay, however, was slightly disappointing, for the price. The entrance to the hotel is grand, but the rooms we stayed in looked a bit run down, and the room service was marginal, again, for the price. I know it is an old hotel, but if I am going to splurge in the city, I think I will choose something else next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ems1112
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had a GREAT stay. The lobby was decorated beautifully. The valet parking, front desk and concierge was what you would expect from a 1st class hotel, they were 1st class. Our room was very nice, fluffy bathrobe, very, very clean room. I ordered the special package of valet parking, champagne with chocolate strawberries in the room and breakfast the next morning..and guys guess what-she was not disappointed! Breakfast in the Georgian room was very nice, food was great, atmosphere was super, service-top notch. check out was so easy, valet got our car and if I go back to the city, I would definitely try to stay there again. Treat yourself and indulge. We went to the theater and it is literally right across the street.And when we came back from the show, we sat in the lunge, listened to the piano player and had a drink and a snack.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I booked this hotel for our anniversary this year.

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous on the outside. The rooms are very clean as well. We got a standard king size bed room. The room was clean, well laid out, and very comfortable.

I only have a few critiques as the hotel was so nice. The spacing between the tiles in the shower were orange/black in some areas. Having taken a bath, it was unpleasant to see whatever it was looking at my in the tile spaces.

The second part was walking up to the bed and seeing a nice big pubic hair on the pillow I would later sleep on.

Being a coffee drinker, I was very sad to realize the Keurig machine in the room was broken. I got coffee later at a local favorite, but it would have still been nice if it worked.

Finally, what place charges almost $120-150 a night and doesn't have free internet? Give me a break.

All and all, this hotel is amazing. We didn't even visit the bar, but I've heard it's also very nice. If you're looking for something high class, this is definitely the place. However, with class comes price. It was nice to get a taste of it, but we'll look elsewhere in the future.

2  Thank Joseph W
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were on the end of our honeymoon from the warm weather in Southeast Asia an decided to spend a couple nights in Seattle.

We rested comfortable at the Victorian themed Fairmont Olympic. The hotel was a short walk up a hill from the train station. We walked into the grandeur lobby and was greeted by an enormous beautifully adorned Christmas tree at the entrance of the hotel.

Since we were on our honeymoon, the reception upgraded us to a Deluxe executive suite with a separate sitting area. The decor included antique lamps and Victorian upholstered chairs. The hallway wallpaper had elaborate floral patterns and the carpet was just as detailed. They also sent up chocolate covered strawberries.

The housekeeper was very nice, she met us by the elevator and showed us to our rooms and how to use the heat, coffee maker, etc.

I absolutely LOVE the hotel chain's rose soap collection Le Labo Rose 31.

My favorite thing about this hotel is its within walking distances to the Seattle art museum, Pike's Place and Public Market where you can also visit the original Starbucks.

We visited the Teddy Bear Suite while we were there and it was an amazing winter wonderland with and the rooms were beautifully decorated with a winter theme and bears.

We ate at scrappers and enjoyed their happy hour specials.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Congratulations and thank you for being our guest at The Fairmont Olympic Hotel and for sharing your momentous occasion with us. I am very glad to read that your stay during this holiday season was an enjoyable one and that we could assist in creating a special memory during your honeymoon. We are always striving for excellence and personal service, and it is very rewarding when our guests take the time to let us know they are pleased.

Thank you again, and we hope that you might join us again in the future for an anniversary.

Best wishes,

Guy Bittner
Director of Operations

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is a typical Fairmont in terms of its large size and scale. Plenty of amenities and services. I had a quiet room that was not large but was comfortable. Room service was quite good. I was able to walk to local attractions, the waterfront, and even walk to a Seahawks game, which was maybe only 15 minutes or less.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business