“Elegant Seclusion with a Personal Touch”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Spokane
“Elegant Seclusion with a Personal Touch”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Everything from check in to departure was handled professional and by a staff that genuinely seemed to care. At times we felt like we were in a secluded oasis in the middle of downtown Seattle. When we asked the doorman to call us a cab, he instead offered us a ride in the hotel's town car, which was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write. I am very glad to read that your stay was an enjoyable one. I sincerely appreciate your comments about our staff, who do sincerely care about providing anticipatory service and creating a memorable experience for our guests.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is beautiful. Front desk service is excellent. As many people pointed out the rooms are a bit dated. We were disappointed by the lack of service in the Terrace Bar, however overall this is a great place to stay when in Seattle.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jasonwm
FairmontOlympicSEA, General Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for being our guest. I am glad to read that overall your stay was an enjoyable one, and that you enjoyed your room and found the service at the front desk to be excellent. I would sincerely appreciate it if you could provide me with further information regarding your experience in The Terrace. Guest feedback is very important to us, as we constantly review our practices to ensure that we consistently offer our guests superior service. Please contact me at dennis.clarkgm@fairmont.com if you have the time to share further comments.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Dennis Clark
Snohomish
Reviewed 7 May 2014

That's a quote from my 7 year old son as we walked into the lobby. If you are looking for exceptional customer service and luxurious accomodations, then you will find it at The Fairmont Olympic in Seattle.

Our stay was to celebrate Mom's and my other son's Birthday. Upon arrival in our room, we were presented with two plates with a veriety of small treats. Each plate was personalized in chocolate hand writing saying "Happy Birthday." Due to dietary restrictions, my son could not eat the food. Ten minutes after informing the waiter, he returned with three bowls of fresh berries. The Fairmont went out of their way to make my wife and son feel special.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Richierich39
FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for choosing us to stay with us for your special occasion. I am glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that we could assist in making your wife and son's birthday celebrations special. We are always striving for excellence and personal service, and it is very rewarding when our guests take the time to let us know they are pleased.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family back, and hope that you might share your next special occasion with us.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My favorite hotel in Seattle. Hands down.

Beautiful historic hotel in an excellent location. Starbucks is 400 feet away.

The hotel is within walking distance from all the great tourist attractions and shopping in Seattle.

$45.00 car service ride from the airport. Just go to the taxi stand at SEA-TAC.

Unique shops and restaurants are in the hotel, and some of them are pricey, and some of them are surprising reasonable considering this is a 5 star hotel.

Service is outstanding. And, as a President's Club member, I can check in online and get my room guy from the bellman when I walk into the hotel. I can also check out online. I barely even have to go to the front desk.

I stayed in a suite, which was large, spacious, and the bathroom was a really nice size. The rooms are very quiet and I slept like a rock.

Other room amenities which cannot be overlooked include robe and slipper, a very nice coffee and tea station, a safe, and a nice bar.

I cannot wait to come with my husband for one of our 3 day mental health weekends. We could spend the entire day in our room and still be pleased.

The fitness facility is pretty nice. They also have a beautiful indoor pool area.

Room Tip: I liked having a room by the elevator (which work quickly considering how old the hotel is). The r...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carrie B
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write about your experience here. I am very glad to read that we are your favorite hotel in Seattle. I appreciate you sharing that the service you received was excellent. We are always striving for excellence and personal service, and it is very rewarding when our guests let us know they are pleased.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon with your husband for a relaxing weekend away to recharge.

Hagatna
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was greeted with friendly, helpful staff each day of my stay. The room and lobby areas were comfortable and full of warmth. It was a great experience to stay at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Seattle. I had a great view of the Space Needle and the downtown area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write about your great experience here. I am very glad to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and that our staff could provide you with friendly and helpful service. It is very rewarding when our guests take the time to let us know they are pleased. We hope that we may welcome you back soon.

Victoria
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel was fabulous! The service was amazing, right from recommended fabulous restaurants nearby to charging our phones for us! The pool and exercise areas were lovely and clean, and even provided all amenities for your day. Our room was spacious and comfortable, as well as clean and tastefully decorated.

Room Tip: Nice, fairly quiet room on the northeast side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GayleJMc
FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and strive to provide outstanding service for our guests, so I am very glad to read that you were pleased.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Murray, Utah
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a example of elegance in an old classic hotel. Everything was great. Attended for a conference combined with pleasure. The many stairs in this older hotel may be a bit of a challenge for handicapped individuals.

Room Tip: Some in our group that had rooms on the east side complained about the noise of delivery trucks
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business