The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
  • Room Service
US$422
US$396
3,313 results
All reviewsgeorgian roomgeorgian restaurantpresident's clubshuckers restaurantan executive suitebeautiful hotelhealth clubroom servicefour seasonsconcierge desklobby barpike place marketcar servicefitness centercorner roomthe location is perfectstreet noise
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont Olympic hotel from May 10-14 2014 following our Alaskan cruise wedding. We booked on a hotwire mystery deal and upgraded to a king suite for a minimal fee at check-in. The location was outstanding and quite literally could not have been better.

Seeing my wedding dress in-hand at check-in the reception staff congratulated us on our recent marriage and surprised us with a delicious plate of chocolate strawberries and a card from the manager later that afternoon. We were delighted by the gesture and really enjoyed the treat.

The bed was king sized and remarkably comfortable. (We are actually trying to figure out what type of mattress they use because we want to buy it!)

On our last night we ordered room service which was outstanding. We ordered chicken soup and pasta which sounds simple enough but it was so fancy, fresh and delicious! We were a little annoyed to look at the bill and find that a 20% service charge had been automatically added because we had already tipped the waiter handsomely.

The hotel is beautiful, clean and quiet. Our room was the perfect size and well situated. The view was fairly good but we were in town to enjoy the city, not look out the window so view wasn't important to us.

Being in a higher end hotel we expected certain things like a fridge and free local phone calls (standard in any super 8 or other discount chain) and were disappointed to find neither. $1.69 per local call is positively unreasonable in my opinion.

Overall though, we had a great stay and absolutely LOVED the location.

I read many reviews before booking and I'd like to address the two criticisms I came across most often (a) city/road noise and (b) granny-like decor. We were on the 10th floor and were not aware of any street noise. We did hear some fire truck sirens from time to time but didn't find them disruptive. As for the decor, it is granny-like, which would be a concern if I was buying the place to live there but for a hotel room it was just fine! I did find the carpets to be old and in need of updating. It's clear that they were cleaned regularly but discoloured due to age. All very minor issues that do not distract from the charming historical atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here over Mother's Day weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. They were nicely decorated and luxurious feeling. The beds were comfy! The bathtubs are very small but that's a minor thing. It was very quiet in our end of the hallway which was just what we wanted. We had two corner rooms at the end of a hallway across from each other. There was never any foot traffic and we never heard anyone from inside our rooms. The hotel is conveniently located downtown and it was great to be close to so many of the places we wanted to see. We ordered room service for breakfast on Sunday and it was brought up quite quickly. The breakfast wasn't the best I've ever had but it was ok. The best part was that every person we encountered who worked at the hotel was very friendly and accommodating. We did use the valet service and those guys were awesome! We had our small dog with us and as she is very used to being in the vehicle we would occasionally leave her there while parked in the cool parkade. She was very content and happy and everyone who brought the car up for us to pick her up was just wonderful to her. It made our stay that much more enjoyable! And on Sunday's when you check out they give you a little bag with milk and cookies! Overall just a fabulous experience and we can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The corner suites we had were very spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time write about your stay for Mother's Day. I appreciate you sharing your comments. I am very glad to read that you and your family, including your dog, all enjoyed your stay. Your kind words about the service you received are greatly appreciated. We are always striving for excellence and personal service, and it is very rewarding when our guests let us know they are pleased.

We hope that we may welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Fairmont Olympic is right in the heart of Seattle's shopping district. Walking to my favorite shopping experiences such as Eileen Fisher (Pam's a great help with women's clothing!) and Yve St. Laurent across the street.

The service is amazing and the hotel lobby is beautiful. The dining room is A#1...lovely 19th century, European looking. They will serve you whatever quirky combinations you might want without question. Great service.

We enjoyed our stay but the hotel does not have a water view. May try the Four Seasons next trip.

Room Tip: The suite was a wise upgrade! The king room was small with little closet space and only one comfortable chair.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your comments. I am glad to read that your stay was an enjoyable one. I sincerely appreciate your kind comments about the service that you received and about your dining experience with us. We are always striving for excellence and personal service, and it is very rewarding when our guests take the time to let us know they are pleased.

Although not all of our rooms have water views, I hope that you will consider being our guest again based on your experience with our service and convenience of location. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I travel often to Seattle for business, and always look for a hotel that appreciates the hectic lifestyle of a frequent business traveler. The service continues to be first rate from the doorman who hands me my room keys to the concierge who always recommends great local venues.

The hotel is very stately and offers some very nice architecture in the lobby.

Although I prefer a more modern look, the classic design is very attractive.

The rooms are nice sized, well decorated and always neatly prepared.

Housekeeping does a first rate job refreshing the room day to day.

My only negatives is the quality of the fitness equipment in the weight room area. The machines are very dated, full of rust and don't offer much in the way of range of motion. These machines are at least 15 years old and show it. The cardio side of the fitness area is very current offering numerous bikes and treadmills.

The hotel is walking distance to most of the great areas in downtown Seattle.

It should be high on your list when looking for a traditional hotel with great service.

Room Tip: Select a high floor. As in most cities, noise can be loud from the streets.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing us for your business travel needs and for taking the time to write. I am glad to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and that we could be of assistance. I appreciate your comments about the service you received and also appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

After my husband and I booked the room online, my husband called the hotel and told them our room requests as well as it is for our 1st year wedding anniversary.
Unlike the other lady mentioned in her review, ( how they got a special welcome note in the room for their anniversary, etc) My husband and I had an average room with no greeting; and the lady at the front desk was not very welcoming when we ckecked-in, neither. (However, the staff at the concierge and the Bellmen were all very friendly and passionate about their job, they gave us many suggestions of attractions in Seattle and directions.)
The restaurant was closed that night (I didn't know the reason) and we had to eat at the Shuckers at the Olympic, food was also the average food you will find in a bar.
I guess we were disappointed with the service level Fairmont provided. We booked the room for our special occasion but we didn't feel any differences if we have stayed at any other hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014
FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write. Please accept my personal apologies for the various disappointments you experienced during your stay. I assure you that your experience is not the standard to which we aspire, nor which our guests have come to expect. We are certainly known for celebrating special occasions with our guests, so I am disappointed to read that we missed the mark with you. I apologize that our fine dining room was closed, as it was likely a Sunday or Monday evening when the restaurant is typically closed.

We would like to learn a bit more about your experience and hope that you will contact our office directly. You may contact our General Manager at dennis.clarkgm@fairmont.com regarding your overall experience. Guest feedback is extremely important to The Fairmont Olympic as we constantly review our practices to ensure that we offer our valued guests consistent, superior service. We look forward to hearing from you.

DIrector of Operations