“Wonderful”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #12 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle has made each of my stays extra special with the friendliness of staff, great restaurants, cleanliness of the rooms and the grandeur of the hotel.
The location is perfect for shopping and theatre. Your car is ready and waiting on check out and the valet staff are attentive.
If you are looking to feel special on a memorable occasion in your life or just to feel pampered and relaxed on a stay in Seattle this is the perfect place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write. I am very glad to read that we could make your stay extra special. I sincerely appreciate your kind comments, especially about our staff. We are always striving for excellence and personal service, and it is very rewarding when our guests let us know they are pleased. We hope that we may welcome you back soon for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Excellent hotel. Lovely rooms, and the staff was outstanding. Location was perfect, beds were comfortable. Would stay again! It was a special trip and very memorable and so glad we stayed at the Fairmont.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write. I am so glad to read that we could be of assistance in making your special trip very memorable. We are always striving for excellence and personal service and it is very rewarding when our guests let us know they are pleased. We hope that we may welcome you back and see you here again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Overall I loved the property, quirks and all, with one glaring exception. Let me explain.

The rental car shuttle, oddly, tried to drop me at the unmarked back door to the hotel. At first I was in doubt the property was top rated by that door appearance. Then I had them drive around the corner to the front door, and was relieved by the Grand Front Entrance.

At check in, the clerks were polite, helpful and expedient. I was offered baggage assistance and declined.

The elevators were plentiful and fast, for the entire stay. I was never crowded or had to wait long.

The hallways were clean, bright, and quiet. My room was thoughtfully located far from the elevator.

My room was Accessible equipped, thus nice and large. The windows were old style with built in's in front of them owing to the depth of the window in the wall. One built in was the Air Conditioner. It was odd that the curtain over that window totally blocked the AC at night, thus drawing that curtain to block the early morning light was possible but led to a heated room. The room was very clean, large, and the bed comfortable and soft. It was quiet at all times. Housekeeping was invisible, yet did their job with alacrity. Any special requests were handled.

The bathroom was large and all done in marble.The water pressure in the shower was weak and took some time to heat up after activating (minutes, not seconds) The shower otherwise was roomy and fine. It was the bathroom faucet that was upsetting. It was activated by a heat or motion sensor. There was absolutely no way to keep the blamed faucet turned on. There was absolutely no way to adjust water temperature in the faucet. On or Off, and mostly off as the sensor was hidden somewhere in a spot that necessitated putting your hands over the thing practically to use it. Washing hands was a nightmare, your face more so. Shaving was worse. As the sink had no stopper, just a gaping hole and vision down the drain, goodness forbid dropping anything in that monstrosity. Putting in my contact lenses was pure hell.

Dear Fairmont Olympic General Manager, please take note. That motion activated sink may be a great contrivance for saving water bills on your part, but on the guests part, it is inconvenient, unsanitary, frustrating, and what I expect to find in a washroom on a highway rest stop, not in a 5 star hotel. Please replace the sink with something elegant and functional.

The concierge was frequently too busy to ask questions, but the front desk staff and front door staff were always available for area related questions to my satisfaction.

Check out was as convenient as check in, and this time I was forced to wait for the Airport shuttle outside the ugly back door.

Summary = Fantastic Hotel, Great Service, Location was wonderful near Downtown, Transportation, sites, and a superb location for the Rock and Roll runners. I wish the management would consider being a sponsor hotel of the run for next year. The bathroom sink is a negative, and something to consider if you wish to avoid frustration and poor hygiene. If management looks into and replaces that insanity, then give them the Excellent rating!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank VisitedNewPlaces

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your comments and feedback. I am glad to read that overall, your stay was an enjoyable one. However, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced using the bathroom faucet. To remain compliant with ADA regulations in our few wheelchair accessible rooms, the faucets in those rooms are not controlled with manual valves at the back of the faucet, rather automatically. However, I do appreciate your feedback, so please be assured that I will have my team ensure that the faucet in your guest room is functioning properly for future guests in that room. Thank you again and I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle is beautiful with very comfortable beds and highly appointed rooms. If I return to Seattle, I plan to stay again. Valet parking is pricy, not sure that was worth the price. The hotel is convenient to the monorail system (just a few block walk), close to Pike markets and a nice location for visiting the Space Needle. Very lovely start to a nice vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write. I am glad to read that we could help you get your vacation off to a nice start and that you found our location to be convenient for experiencing the best of downtown. I hope that we may welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very Nice Hotel....World Class.....Hospitality at its highest......Comfortable. The staff were very helpful and "at our service". Everything was very clean. The location is great in Seattle...close to everything including the 5th Avenue Theater. Every time we walked up to the doors to enter the Hotel we had a good feeling. We expected and received Quality.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for being our guest and for including us in your special occasion. I sincerely appreciate your comments and kind words about our staff, and am glad that you found our location to be convenient for enjoying the city during your honeymoon. It is very nice to read that you experienced a good feeling every time you walked up to our doors. We hope that we may be your hotel of choice when visiting Seattle again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Congratulations and best wishes,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel itself is an old beauty but has been given some modern updates.
The entire staff was most accommodating.The restaurants in the hotel were terrific.
The indoor pool and gym couldn’t be better
The only Little complaint was the Height of the Toilets..They were very Low.
The check in and check out was fast and easy
The rooms are awesome; large with plenty of space
My wife and I loved it

Room Tip: Use your Amex card and get $100 towards diner and $28 each person towards breakfast We were on the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write. I appreciate your comments and your feedback, and am glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay. It is always rewarding when our guests let us know they are pleased. We hope that we may welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

When my wife and I refused to honor a reservation at the Hilton a block away because of major construction at the Hilton, we walked to the Fairmont to see if the had a vacancy. They did but only for two nights. We took it and hoped a third night would become available for our last night in Seattle before traveling home. It did! One of the bellmen took a luggage cart and went to the Hilton with me and retrieved our luggage. So far a great experience at the Fairmont that followed an unbelievably bad experience at the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write. I am very glad to read that we could be of assistance and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we may be your first choice when visiting again in the future. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your wife back soon.