The hotel is beautiful, staff was friendly, but i was a bit disappointed with some little issues that i didn't expect considering the amount of money this hotel charges.
1. no free wifi -- i think it is a bit ridiculous in this day and age that hotels are charging for wifi, especially in large cities like Seattle where it is a tech hub of sorts and when you have a lot of business travelers.
2. carpet - ok, so i get it that the hotel is old, but i felt like the corners of the carpet right at the baseboards were dark and dirty. You can keep the antique charm, but get some clean/new carpets in there!
3. Parking - if you choose to valet park, it's $47, if you want to park yourself in the garage across the street, it's $37 -- and if you arrive after 5pm, the parking is $10. We parked ourselves since we needed to sort through our stuff -- it was such a pain to get out of the parking structure to get to the hotel, especially with a stroller and kids. The bottom floor of the parking structure, you still need to hit a few stairs, if you want to access the "handicap" ramp, you have to call a phone number!?!? We parked on level E, it says "elevator" this way -- we get to the door, and you have to go through stairs to get to the elevator!! So, we had to walk down one level to get to the elevator.
4. We were on the 4th floor and the windows aren't that soundproof. You can hear cars speeding by, ambulance,etc. I don't expect it to be completely soundproof, but it was like we had a window open.
5. The Cooling was terrible -- we had one vent, and it was on the windowsill. If you want to keep the drapes closed, you basically block the flow of cool air into your room. We had the room set to 55 and high fan. And really now, they can't update the thermostats??
Anyway, the hotel is nice, beautiful lobby, lots of history and charm, service was good, but the hotel needs some renovation. For the amount of money that we spent, i was thinking we probably should've tried the W. Overally, disappointed for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Footsteps from Seattle's most exciting attractions, the Fairmont Olympic Hotel combines traditional warmth with 21st century convenience and personalized service. Located in the heart of downtown Seattle, the beautifully historic 450-room hotel blends classic ambiance and Italian renaissance architecture with state-of-the-art amenities, including high-speed wireless Internet access in all guest rooms and public spaces, 24-hour room service, 24-hour concierge, a fully equipped fitness center with indoor swimming pool, and complimentary house car service throughout downtown. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Fairmont Olympic Hotel is excited for the next stage in this history with the start of a $25 million renovation. This renovation began on December 9th 2015 and is set to finish in July of 2016. The renovation will go floor by floor and will include buffer floor closures in order to minimize disruption to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Fairmont Hotels, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your The Fairmont Olympic Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Olympic Seattle Hotel Seattle
- Fairmont Olympic Seattle
- Fairmont Seattle
- Four Seasons Seattle
- Seattle Fairmont