The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$192
US$166
  • Fitness centre
3,283 results
All reviewsgeorgian roomgeorgian restaurantpresident's clubshuckers restaurantan executive suitebeautiful hotelhealth clubroom servicefour seasonsconcierge desklobby barpike place marketcar servicefitness centercorner roomthe location is perfectstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a great say with Fairmont, again. The valet was prompt (and remembered us upon check out). The rooms were clean and it was fantastic to stay right in the city and have access to the Pike Market right as the day began. Only complaint is that we used the Aeroplan offer to get a free upgrade (if available) and a $25 hotel credit; however, the credit was for food only (not services like valet). I stayed at two other Fairmonts earlier that week which they applied the credit to valet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2014

What a pleasant surprise after a long day of travel to arrive at the "grand old dame" of seattle
Being a member of their presidents club my room Was ready. While the other travelers with me had to wait front desk offered to have housekeeping rush and call us. Service phenomenal
Rooms dated but comfortable. Location adjacent to the best shopping from inexpensive H&M to guccie Louis Vuitton. Diesel etc. Great staff. Great location. Comfortable hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mentorman52
Reviewed 21 August 2014

A friend and I have a room for a gift show recently. Of course the room was perfect. And the décor top notch. Coffee was Keurig. King room was king size with large bathroom. Love the lighted make up mirror (we are over 50). From valet, check in to maids, everyone was polite and warm.
Park the car and all we want is within walking distance.
Another perfect Fairmont experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you to you and your friend for being our guest and for taking the time to write. I am glad to read that your stay was an enjoyable one. We are always striving for excellence and personal service, and it is very rewarding when our guests take the time to let us know they are pleased. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Seattle and seeing you here again at The Fairmont Olympic.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Expensive (over $1,000 for 2 nights for a suite), yet still charging us for additional $17/night for WiFi and $8 bottles of water in the room. Housekeeping knocked at 8:12 a.m., waking us from a sound sleep. Front desk entirely indifferent to our problem with this. The furnishings, particularly the carpets, were dingy and soiled. Multiple sirens and drunk people in the street woke us up through the night. We honestly expected luxury and elegance, and frankly, some halfway-decent customer service could have gone a long way to remedy all our other issues. Seattle has many, many other options in the downtown area, so we could NOT recommend The Fairmont.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms that aren't facing the street. Sirens and drunks can be loud.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KatrinkaVB
FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you experienced during your recent stay. We do offer complimentary Wi-Fi to all of our guests who are members of our loyalty program, as well as all guests in our lobby lounge. Our room make up service does begin at 8am, so I apologize that this was disruptive to your stay and I hope that your were assisted by our front desk agent in making note of your preference for later service. I hope that this experience will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

From the misleading descriptions on their Website, to the bate and switch behavior at check in to the totally "couldn't care less" attitude of the managerial staff, this hotel is at best 3-4 stars today. Relying on reputation instead of providing service is no way to run a Fairmont Hotel. Not only was my room totally different and inferior to the one I thought I was reserving, when I asked for an upgrade or some consideration for the lack of the services promised me as a Fairmont President's Club member, I was told consistently that "this is an old historic hotel, only 11 stories high, so no rooms have the view (as described online) or the amenities (promised when I spoke to reservation agent) and you are lucky to have a room at all." Food, especially room service, is overpriced but excellent, so stay at a better hotel and try the restaurants (especially liked Shuckers).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
FairmontOlympicSEA, Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

I thank you for being our guest and would like to advise you that we also received the comments that you sent to us through our guest satisfaction survey. I sincerely apologize for any disappointment that you experienced. Guest feedback is extremely important to us, and we will be following up with you directly.

Kind regards,