“Bizarre but brilliant”

Description: The best Coffee House in Seattle
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Bizarre but brilliant”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was recommended this coffee shop by the staff at the Bell Town Inn. I was on my own whilst my husband was working and had woken early (due to jetlag and the time difference from the UK) spo by 7am was desperate for a cup of tea and some brekkie.

I walked in with some trepidation as it was my first morning it Seattle but I received a friendly greeting immediately as I walked in the door. I asked for a English tea (I know but I am a creature of habit) and was recommended some cinnamon toast. The cost was minimal (a bargain in comparison to Starbucks) and the cafe was full of eccentric and retro bits and bobs to mooch at. It didn't matter that I had forgotten my surface and phone as I found myself taking in all my surroundings and listening to elderly lady (a local I think) tinkling on an old, pretty piano.

As for my cinnamon toast, it had to be the most delicious breakfast I have ever had. I would have ordered more if it wasn't for the fact I'd have looked really greedy!

My husband goes to Seattle on business quite a lot so I have told him that he must pay Bedlam a visit next time he's in town and I know he'll more more imaginative with his drink choice!!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank ljw77

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best coffee in Belltown”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I ended up at this coffee spot twice during my trip. Both times it was because I was told multiple times that it was the best coffee around. The first time I only had a caramel latte to-go. I went back so that I could try their cinnamon toast (which I had seen the first time and heard amazing things about). The second time I had a hazelnut latte dark roasted and the toast. It was worth the repeat!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Beth G
bergen county NJ
“Awesome coffee shop...plan to spend some time relaxing here”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great coffee shop! We stopped in the last morning just because we had heard some great things about it. I wish we were able to spend more time there. It is a funky little place that has fun employees. They have a bunch of board games so you can hang out with friends, play some games and drink some coffee. I heard they were known for their toast so I got toast. At first I was a little surprised by the cost of toast (about $4 for 2 slices of cinnamon toast) but the slices were think and big and so tasty. Worth the money! The fresh ice tea and nutella coffee were delicious.

Visited June 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Funky Coffee Spot”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We were also directed here by the Belltown Inn staff. Breakfast menu is limited to Cinnamon Toast and Bagels. Spreads are generous. Coffee was tasty but served luke warm. Friendly staff.

Visited February 2014
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Great Coffee at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

great coffee and great prices. Just around the corner from Belltown Inn, so it was very convenient and was recommended by the staff of the Belltown Inn. Really friendly staff.

• Visited November 2013