“Historic building, unique decor”
Review of Neptune Theater

Neptune Theater
Ranked #137 of 468 things to do in Seattle
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I just attended my first concert in this venue and have to say I like it a lot. As people have pointed out, it's old and shows it a little, but for a restored historic building maintained by a nonprofit I would say it's looking great. The old decor has been restored well and the space has a very unique feeling. I love the history of it combined with modern music and a lively crowd.

Check it out, and give this building a break for not being perfect - it's been through a lot!

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Seattle is chalk full of small, old, class movie venues and the Neptune is one of the most famous. It sports the old school marquee out front and inside, oh the beautiful inside, is a classic, gutted out and renovated Opera house type theater. It has a balcony, red velvet curtains and seats. It's just ... classic.

I've saw Batman there, Gangs of New York, Alice in Wonderland, Spiderman and countless others over the course of a decade. Classic, classic, classic.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Went to see Lindsey Buckingham's one man show! He was FABULOUS! The venue was another story. It is an old refurbished building with charm and character in the U-District. Arrive early for open seating. We had 3rd row seats and when Lindsey started playing, we stood up - big mistake! The security came over and asked us to sit down. Anyone who stood up was asked to sit down. Finally, enough people stood up - too many for the security people to ask to sit down. I don't recommend this venue for enthusiastic fans of music. It may be better suited for a literary event, book reading, etc. I certainly would not attend another concert there - never again. I have been to numerous venues, and this one is the only one where people were asked to sit down. Saw Lindsey at The Depot in Salt Lake City (September 2011), perfect experience. The Neptune needs a little less control!

18  Thank lotus2s