“Beautiful character building”
Review of Neptune Theater

Neptune Theater
Ranked #127 of 461 things to do in Seattle
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This old converted theatre is the perfect place to get intimate with a band because every view in the house is good... it's a small venue, but that's the charm. We saw Gogol Bordello (gypsy punk band and very high energy) and danced our brains out... and my only complaint was the heat and airflow. By the end of the concert the floor was slippery with condensation, and the air was dead - I'd be surprised if no one was taken out due to heat exhaustion. Granted it was a HOT summer day, but all the more reason to get the air moving. Still, our view was awesome (from the "bar" area) and the sound rocked. Loved the intense stare of Neptunes all night!

1  Thank Scarlett S

Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is a really nice location for a gig. Beautiful old theatre with fantastic stained glass murals. Friendly staff, very relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The Neptune Theatre is a vintage theatre that is really beautiful. They have modern amenities like a snack and drink area as well as a liquor/bar within the stage area. The sound was amazing and there were no technical issues throughout the entire concert. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only downside is that all seats are general admission so to ensure you get a good seat you have to stand in line. But, overall it was a very nice theatre for a fabulous concert and I'd definitely go there again!

1  Thank romaheam
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We saw the Seattle Rock Orchestra doing Smashing Pumpkin. This was a highlight of our 4-day trip to Seattle. The people were friendly in the theater. We stood at the stage in the beginning, and then because of legs being tired, I went up and sat in the balcony. Almost no balcony seats left, but people moved their coats around and made room for me.

As for the theater itself, it seems ok. It is old obviously, and seems to have some character. The seat comfort was ok. I had more leg room at Neptune than I did at Paramount.

There seems to be ample space to park in the general area of the Neptune, but may have to pay a little. I think we paid $2 in a self-paying lot. Scope out the parking before you go.

1  Thank ClayF2
Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

Saw Punch Brothers and while they played a great show the Neptune theater was just OK. The sound was poor the paint was peeling but it was clean and fairly well run. This place does have potential to be a beautiful old theater so keep going and hope they put your money to good use.