“Friendly staff, good location”
Review of Hotel Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Hotel Hotel
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The staff were very friendly & helpful, giving great tips on Seattle. The boutique style hostel is well located, a number of places to eat at nearby and things to see in the local area (e.g. The Troll), plus only a short bus ride (15mins) to downtown. Rooms were as you would expect & there was a free breakfast, but I didn't try it. My gripes, the Internet was patchy & didn't work at all in the dorm room. The place was full on the 1st night & there was a line up for shower/toilets (most of the bathroom facilities were toilet and shower together). My friend fell in the shower, slippery floor, no anti slip mat, no handrails as you exit the shower, please be careful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hotel

Reviewed 13 October 2013

PROS: rooms are fairly cheap, very safe, all bathrooms and the common kitchen were spotless and the hostel is located in a cool neighborhood. There is a huge grocery store just around the corner and there are lots of cafes, restaurants and stores nearby. From downtown it's a 10-minute bus ride. Free wifi is included.

CONS: no laundry and just one common room (with sofas and a small tv). Rooms are very (very!) simple. There aren't even hooks on the wall for hanging your towel/coat. I also thought my room was pretty dark. There's a karaoke next door, so if you're a light sleeper, I suggest staying somewhere else. Breakfast is ok for the price (coffee, toast, cereal and fruits), but it's served in the lobby. Not exactly the most comfortable place to eat... Front desk staff were nice in general, except for this one guy that didn't seem very interested in helping and acted like we're wasting his time with a few questions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hostel is fairly cheap and in a nice location, it's not exactly a very friendly place and feels quite cold -no open spaces to meet people, kitchen is nice..when I got to my room it was boiling hot, when I asked for the heating to be turned down it turns out that there everything is run as a whole and because a few people complained of being cold one night the whole hostel was roasting, the guy behind the desk told us to just put the big fan on in our room- not exactly environmentally friendly..the bathrooms are clean. On the second night the guy Steve behind the desk blasted out his monastery music until gone 12pm despite my polite requests for him to turn it down- he was rude and standoffish, he then started watching a tv series very loudly,could hear it so loud down the corridor and couldn't even close the door to the chill room for fire regulations so pretty much had to bear it. Tried to talk to him about it the next night and he completely ignored me and would not even look at me-not nice..the bunk beds are very cheap and my friend was worried as she felt unsafe and that it was going to collapse...the walls are bare and a bit oppressive...still it beats the location of the hi seattle hostel which is in a very shady part of town and more expensive. Nice shops here and close to the river and the bathrooms are big and nice and clean,but could do with more.I would not stay here again though. Give me less creature comforts for friendlier staff any day. Shame.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I'm not sure that I understand all the raving reviews here. To me, a hostel is a place where travelers can mingle, stay for cheap, and go out and do something together. That's not really what I found at this place.

Here are the pros:
~~~VERY CLEAN! It is seriously spotless. I give them some credit here.
~~~~GREAT Location in Fremont right in the action while most hostels are usually a ways away.
~~~~~Safe Key-Card Program to get in and out.
~~~Decent enough breakfast (cereal, toast, coffee, tea, and little bits of bananas, canned pineapple, and orange slices) is included. And they wash your dishes for you.
~~cool hallway lighting

CONS:
~~~There is only one real lounge and it is small where the TV is.....so there is no separation between those who want to hang out, those who want Tv, and those who just need a quiet spot.
~~~Not a ton of room to sit and enjoy your breakfast
~~~~~Only three showers that I saw so there was usually a wait on busy days
~~~~I don't know what everyone was talking out about nice decor. The walls are empty and the furniture and beds are all from Ikea. (as my dorm mate put it, and Ikea showroom).
~~No activities planned and I didn't see any bulletin board for people who want to post ride shares, get togethers. etc
~~~Everyone just sat in the lounge on their ipads with headphones in. Not that the hostel can control what people do, but there is a lack of encouragement for people to mingle.
~~~No laundry facilities
~~~I was told their is a 5 day max. I understand capping the stay limit so people don't move in, but 5 days is a bit short.
~~~Why is the name hotel hotel? That is just confusing to people if they are looking for a hostel. Fremont hostel or something along those lines would be a be a better choice but that is my two cents.
~~~Front is not marked with a sign...just be aware of that. It is next to the Dubliner bar
~~~Be aware that because of the street front location, it can be pretty noisy with garbage pick up, drunks walking by etc...
~~Bunk beds are cheap metal frames so they are very loud

In short, I personally like hostels that remind me I am traveling and encourage people to get together. The only thing that makes this a hostel is the price and the fact that they have dorms. Perhaps that is the reason for the confusing name...

I hope this helps...

Room Tip: The back rooms might be a little quieter but I am not sure
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank amberenergy84
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed just for one night in August 2013 before flying out of SeaTac, and boy am I glad we picked HotelHotel for the last night of our 2 week trip in the Pacific NW. The location is amazing, right in the heart of Fremont. Tons of cute eateries all around. A great supermarket around the block. The hostel itself is very cool and trendy (the kids loved the lighted stairs) and spotlessly clean. The family room is spacious and our girls (4 years and 16 months) were ecstatic to see the toys and stuffed animals in the room for them to play with. The bunk bed was perfect and our bed was very comfortable. the bathroom was clean and funky, again a big hit with the whole family. But the BEST part was after we got the kids to bed we set up the baby monitor and went downstairs for ice cream. It was close enough to never lose signal! The common areas were mostly full of younger, hipper hostel-goers so we hung out in the lobby and used the wifi for a bit before going to bed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kah5u
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Really smart, clean, stylish hostel, probably the best I've ever stayed in, in a fantastic and very cool location. Would highly recommend staying. Room 13, the private room with a king size double is an absolute treat. Breakfast is tasty as well, really well organised and communal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sowula
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This place was SWANK! And more importantly the people at the front desk were super helpful and friendly too. Some people think Fremont is too quiet of a neighborhood but I personally like it a lot, and if you don't like it you can always just take a bus to Capitol Hill or Downtown or wherever you want to go. I'd have to say out of the three hostels I have stayed at, this was the nicest as far as the quality of the rooms. I can't comment on the activities or anything because that's not really what I was looking for here, but as a place to stay its a really cool place that is super clean, and Fremont's a great neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple