“Fairly good for a hostel”
Review of Hotel Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Hotel Hotel
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had an okay stay at the Hotel Hotel Hostel. There were a few great things about the hostel, and some not so good. The location was amazing. The hostel is located in the cool Fremont neighbourhood which meant there was an abundance of nice restaurants, bars and vintage clothing shops around. There was also a very frequent bus service that went from a couple of blocks down right into downtown. The price was fair for a hostel. I stayed in a private king-sized bed room, which, split between two people worked out to a similar cost to a bunk bed in one of the larger shared dorms. The value for money having a private in a hostel was better than staying in a hotel in downtown, although the bathrooms are shared in the cheaper priced private room.

The one thing I enjoyed least about my stay at Hotel Hostel was the noise. I read in other reviews that it was a noisy hostel and dismissed these claims thinking I'd be fine. However, the noise from the pub downstairs and the street was super loud and went on into the early hours of the morning. This ultimately had a big impact on getting to sleep at night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nicole P
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hotel

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have just spent several night at here and was I impressed! the staff were pros and the location was just right. the bathrooms are big, very clean and all tiled, and a little slick. the halls are wood and always clean. the beds were a little soft for my tastes but comfortable none the less. the staff were kind, knowing, and most helpful. good kitchen area was always clean and lots of things to do and see in the area. only 4 stars due to a lack of desks and chairs for work. over all one of the best places to stay in seattle, and I have stayed in most of the hostels here. far and beyond the best so far. thanks for all the smiles folks! Michael from Tucson.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are well designed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Not really sure I enjoyed my stay here. Out of the three nights we stayed, there was only one night where it wasn't really loud. No, it wasn't the pub downstairs, but the first night the three girls who were getting drunk in the kitchen and shouting and running around, second night was because of a similar scenario. You pay more for a private room, but what that means is you are on the same corridor as the really small kitchen which echos throughout the hall way, and right next to the two bathrooms so that all you hear all night is the electric hand towels and the locks. The room was nice, bed was comfortable and big too, but the room was pretty hot due to them whacking up the heating...but there was a big fan in the room. Breakfast was ok, glad there was fruit available, but they need maybe one more toaster...or a bigger one. The bathrooms are starting to get a little worn, the tile in the shower of the smaller bathroom was smashed and I nearly cut my foot on it while taking a shower. The bigger bathroom, well we were lucky if we saw this one because some girls put chairs in there and were using it as another common room with music from their iPads and playing on their phones...I didn't really get it, why would you want to hang out in a bathroom?! We had a sink in our room which was good for brushing teeth, but they could of provided soap so we could wash our hands too. Happy there was a dishwasher, that was a bonus, but can't understand them charging to use towels, luckily we had our own, but they should either supply them or don't supply them. Overall, was in a good location to buses to get downtown, and the block behind had lots of different cafés and resturants. We couldn't get wifi in our room, but because it was above the pub ( and yes they turn their music up late on a Saturday night) we could pick up their wifi and used this instead. Staff were friendly enough. Would possibly recommend but not sure if I would nessisarily stay there again myself...as the room was a little dusty, that with the heat meant my asthma got bad.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit in a king suite , private bath. $100 a night, first I hate how far the outlet is from the sink and mirror and how dark the dressing area is; Makes it near impossible to get ready. Next checkout is at 11, most hotels are noon, again location was amazing !!! Breakfast was very , very poor and my most embarrassing moment was when my boyfriend came to visit and wasn't allowed in the hotel. This put a very bad taste in my mouth as I felt embarrassed. I paid a lot of money and i came along way to visit him to be denied. I stayed at Hotel Max in downtown Seattle my second night and will never stay anywhere else and it was cheaper.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Mlm1084
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I'm writing this review at 1:30am in the hotel hotel lobby instead of sleeping because the "bar" downstairs is more representative of a heavy metal concert. My bed is shaking and my ears are to ringing. I asked for my $30 back if I could check out now and find another place to stay and the staff told me no: that when I checked in, this is what I should have expected as this is a hostel, not a hotel. Don't make the same mistake I did in thinking that a "bar" on a Tuesday night meant a few loud people until midnight. Here, it means ear piercing Metallica until an insane hour right underneath your bed.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank BKTravelerAndrea10
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed there 5 nights. Very friendly staff, awesome bathrooms and the breakfast is very OK. It isn't the cheapest but it's worth it! It's located in a nice neighbourhood, but to downtown you have to take the bus (very short trip).

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I absolutely loved this hostel, the decor was great and the rooms were a good size. Unfortunately, we were there during the summer when it was really hot and the rooms were quite stuffy and hot. The front desk were really great. Luke in particular was really helpful and showed us all the good places to go and not necessarily the tourist routes. Overall, it was really clean and modern with a lot of character, very secure, great location, and great staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends