“Cozy stay in Burien...”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the deck Living Room
Bath
Sun Room
Garage
View from deck
Walkway from the garage to your rental
Bath with claw foot tub
Deck from living room
A lot of boat traffic on these waters
Garden
Kite boarding
The rental from the garage
Bus transfer station 1 mile from rental
Shops & restaurants at top of hill
Seahurst Park-one mile from rental
Seahurst Park
Orcas this far south
October Sunset
View at low tide
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

LaurenGoe...
New Jersey
“Cozy stay in Burien...”
Reviewed 1 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I stayed here with my husband and 3 year old daughter when we were in town for a wedding. The rental looks exactly like the photos. It was clean and had everything we needed. The owner(s) was very kind and welcoming. The view was fantastic!
There were a few negatives that I feel are worth mentioning, but they wouldn't stop us from staying again.
First, this rental is a full 30 MINUTES from downtown Seattle, not 15 like the description says. I am 100% positive of this because we made the trip back and forth almost every day. Every time it took 30 minutes without traffic, even longer with traffic. We used GPS and followed a direct route. My husband is a good driver and did over the speed limit (don't we all?). If you GPS the address of the rental to Pike Place, for instance, it will tell you 26 minutes (on Google Maps). This is without taking finding parking, hitting red lights, possible traffic, and walking there into account.
However, we loved that the rental was very quiet and secluded, and we both agreed that we weren't sure it would have been quiet and secluded if we were closer to the city. In the end, we didn't mind it, but it is worth noting that it is a time consuming drive if you're doing it every day.
Secondly, the claw foot tub. I was SO excited for the claw foot tub because I am pregnant and love baths, and have a tiny tub at home. However, it is not that big, and when you take a shower in it, the shower curtains (2) surround you on all sides of the tub. I hated the fact that the tub was made to be so small by the shower curtains that they were touching me. My husband had the same problem, so it wasn't just because I'm pregnant. Again, not a huge deal, and not enough to stop me from staying there again, but worth mentioning.
SO - since you're in Burien (not Seattle), there are a few pros - there are awesome places to eat in town, if you're not pregnant and don't mind walking up a huge hill, they are even within walking distance (we drove - parking is free in town). You must go to The Greek House and the Burien Fish Market. Delicious! There's also a place in town for homemade donuts, and a brewery that hubs said was good.
It was a nice trip - we were much more comfortable here than we would have been in a hotel, especially sharing one room with a 3 year old. It was kid friendly - I would watch if you had a 1-2 year old, as there is no railing/barrier on one side of the deck, and there are a bunch of stairs. But obviously most people don't leave their little ones unattended on a deck.

8 Nov 2017
Thanks for the review-I agree with you-about 25-30 minutes to downtown Seattle. I will change this on the site. Not much we can do about the tub.
Scenic701...
“great location, wonderful owner”
Reviewed 13 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Great location and the deck was wonderful, so interesting to watch all the different ships go by. Ron was so nice and helpful. And according to my granddaughter Kora, the garden was lovely. Also had all the comforts of home.

mway11
“Ms.”
Reviewed 9 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

My family and I had the best vacation in Seattle. The house was a perfect location. Close enough to the city for easy travel to do tourist activities, but far enough away so you feel relaxed at the end of the day. The the only reason we took away a star was the master bedroom mattress was very uncomfortable. I ended up sleeping on the couch for the week. Other then that the place was wonderful!

6 Sep 2017
Sorry that you were uncomfortable. I have over 100 reviews on various rental sites, and have never had this type of complaint. We have installed a new cover on each of the three beds in the rental.
Cindy C
“Awesome”
Reviewed 2 August 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Loved this house. Beautiful inside and out. Loved having the water view. It was our 30th wedding anniversary trip. Would highly recommend this house.

Cara H
“Lovely home, great views”
Reviewed 7 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Beautiful little place with an amazing deck and spectacular views! Ron was a pleasure to work with and made sure our stay went smoothly. Kid-friendly with some toys in the closet that kept our 3 year old entertained. The only thing to be aware of is the road down to the home is extremely winding and steep-- we had a tight fit with our large rental car but we managed. Easy drive to downtown Seattle and very close to the airport. Would stay there again!

Ron H
Louisville, Kentucky
“A wonderful view.”
Reviewed 2 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Just what we needed. Time to relax and taking the view. Great location for your one day trips. Only a short ride to the airport.

Your age range 65+
Diane L
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Super Nice 2 Bedroom Just as Described”
Reviewed 10 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

This was the perfect vacation rental, that felt like home. Well decorated, super clean, comfy beds and couch. The view was incredible from living room, dining room, and deck. This home was very well taken care of. Ron was very easy to work with. Communicated right away and a very nice person. There was a place to park your vehicle. Well equipped kitchen.

26 Apr 2017
Thank you-a pleasure to have you stay
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing