“Tasty food but few fish cakes”
Review of Fish Cake Factory

Fish Cake Factory
Ranked #2,884 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Surprisingly for a fish cake restaurant there was only one left on the night we went. A long weekend was the reason given but the one we did have was tasty and well cooked. Thai food makes up the rest of the menu and we had the pad Thai and it was well cooked if a bit oily. Waitress was a good sport and took it all in her stride. Good value for money for what we had.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I live just outside Seattle and after a trip to see the Space Needle, my daughter and I wanted to stop somewhere for lunch that served Thai food. We were in luck. Just a quick 5 minute walk from Seattle Center we found the Fish Cake Factory in Belltown area. The sign on the door said, "a neighborhood restaurant" and that's exactly how it felt the minute we stepped inside. We had authentic Pad Thai that was delicious (nothing like your typical "food chain restaurants"); but, really...everything on the menu looked fabulous. Good lunch prices as well (many choices under $10) and helpful, friendly service. As if that wasn't enough, the recommended Thai Basil Martini was refreshingly tasty. Can't believe I've lived nearby for 12 years and only found this place now. I'll be revisiting again!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stopped in the Fish Cake Factory before the ballet for dinner. BLEHHHHH, I'll never do that again!! The top 2 items on the menu that attracted me were not available, leaving me to go deep, and left me underwhelmed.

Food was unimaginative, options were limited due to what was available, dipping sauces were out of the bottle, and everything had the sweet goopy red sauce as an accompaniment....quite unappealing and less than tasty.

Save your pennies, move on to another venue in Belltown, and forget about this place.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband, 12-yr. old son and I visited Seattle on a recent weekend. I had purchased a Groupon for this restaurant, since our hotel was within walking distance and we all like Thai food. The restaurant is fairly small but it wasn’t too crowded at 7:30 p.m. on a Friday night, and so we were seated right away. The restaurant contains about 7 or 8 tables for 4, a couple of 2-person tables, and a table that seats 6, in addition to some seating at the bar. The lighting and décor are modern yet cozy.
The service was very good and we felt very welcome, even after we mentioned that we had a Groupon, which basically saved us the cost of one entrée. They have a limited bar, which looked sufficient, and serve wine and beer by the bottle. The drink prices were reasonable for Seattle. My husband and I both ordered a Singha and they were $3.75 each.
For dinner, my son ordered Tom Kha Gai soup and chicken satay appetizers, and my husband and I decided to try some of the namesake items (fish cakes) – he order the basil and chili red snapper cakes and I ordered the California fish cakes. The soup had plenty of chicken and mushrooms in it, and was nicely light and full of flavor. The 4 chicken satay sticks were a big hit and they were served with a large serving of peanut butter sauce. The 3 red snapper cakes were served with Asian slaw, and the serving size was just right – not too much or too little. The 3 California cakes contained tuna, scallops, and shrimp, and we both slightly preferred those over the red snapper cakes. The California cakes were served with a green salad with a vinaigrette that was a little too lemony for my taste.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant to people looking for a Thai restaurant in downtown Seattle area, and I would tell them to order some cakes to try something different. My husband especially enjoyed them.
We did see a lot of people come in for take out, so it appears that the locals like it!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The food (both veg and non-veg) and the service was good. Thai cuisine is pretty close to the Indian cuisine and therefore Thai restaurants are a good option if you want to be conservative. I tried three Thai restaurants in Seattle downtown and this was the best.

I tried Phad Thai. Normally they make it very sweet and therefore my friend suggested to avoid it but they balanced the taste very well and he was also pleasantly surprised.

Even the non-veg dishes that they ordered were nice. I do not like non-veg normally but I liked the ones they served here.