“convenient location, good facilities including health club access”
Review of Hotel Ballard

Hotel Ballard
Ranked #21 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“convenient location, good facilities including health club access”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed for a week in one of the 5th floor suites. Very comfortable, especially because of the gas fireplace that wards off the Seattle winter chill. The suites are capacious as is the bathroom with separate tub and shower. Restaurants and bars are within walking distance. Only downside is that the flat screen TV sets are not HD, which is expected in this day and age, especially during NFL playoff and NCAA bowl seasons!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
McGregor, Texas
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My sister and I had the pleasure of staying here last Friday night. This location is perfect for checking out the great shops, restaurants and bars. The hotel is beautifully decorated and yet quite comfortable! The decor and finishes of our room were quite nice too. It is a great place for a girls-night-out and would be nice for a romantic getaway with my husband too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ellenh0
cascadia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Ballard for three days over a weekend. it's on the main drag, right across the street from tractor, and other bars, which are loaded with people, standing on the sidewalks waiting to get in, quite the scene until after 1 AM.Though our suite was on the second floor it was surprisingly quiet. I'm pretty sure the upper floor rooms(there appears to be four floors used) is even quieter, but I didn't have any trouble sleeping with earplugs and a sound machine,--after 1 AM, that is.

The room was spacious, with nice natural light, a rather strange little couch with no arms, a couple of giant televisions, a huge bathtub which was really nice, a giant shower with not much water pressure, comfortable bed, no microwave or refrigerator, and a not great coffee machine that made lousy coffee, that we tried making tea in.

This is a fun little hotel in a great neighborhood, and we were really happy to see a lovely farmer's market sprout right in front of it on Sunday morning. The bus is easy to catch into town and where ever you want to go, and we ended up only using a taxi to go back and forth to the train station.

The restaurant in the hotel is very good, and there are many other excellent eateries nearby.

Room Tip: The upper floors are probably quieter than the second floor, which wasn't bad, considering the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here celebrating an anniversary and were very happy with this hotel. The location is great with lots of bars and restaurants nearby. The room was very comfortable, nicely furnished and quiet, with no noise at all from the street or the hallway. The staff were friendly and helpful, though they were extremely busy and we had to wait for our room on arrival. They left a bottle of fizz in our room for our anniversary which was a nice touch. We will definitely consider this hotel next time we are in Seattle.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
salem, oregon
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

There are not enough beautiful adjectives to describe this hotel. It was simply perfect. I loved staying in a brand new hotel - remodeled I believe in the spring 2013. When I walked into the swanky lobby, I thought, "Oh great - they are going to be snobby..." I usually stay in more humble hotels for business & can't typically afford a hotel of this caliber when I'm with my family. I was so pleasantly surprised by both young men at the front desk. Super nice. Not snooty at all. I was a little bummed I paid $10 to park in their garage then had to pay another $15 for an all nite/ day pass, but no biggie (maybe better signage when a hotel guest pulls into garage?) My room was awesome - on the second floor with a cute balcony overlooking the quaint neighborhood. Did not hear any traffic/ street noise nor any loud hallway noise. King bed über comfy. Great tv. Luxurious bathroom accommodations. To top it off - a pass to the ultra cool Olympic Athletic Club. I've never been in such an amazing gym. This was one business trip to Seattle that I wished were longer! I didn't have time to eat at the hotel's restaurant but it was crowded at both dinner and lunch the next day. The surrounding neighborhood would be fun to explore for couples or Girls Weekend. I hope to come back!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank bexnate
Travis W, General Manager at Hotel Ballard, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hello Bexnate,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Ballard and your experience at the Olympic Athletic Club! I will share your great feedback with the front desk. We are working on better signage in the garage and am sorry for any mix up at the meter. Hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels!

Travis Williams
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We spent a week at the hotel, and I must say that first of all the staff could not have been accommodating. Everyone speaks to you and greets you. If you are share a bit with them, they will remember your name and ask how your outing went. They a attentive and respond quickly to issues that you may have. The maintenance staff may be a little slower than the rest, as we had a TV that sometimes did not want to come on and other times did, but the were two giant TVs in our room, so we just watched the other one.

The location is fantastic. Food fun and shopping is everywhere around the hotel. The weekly farmers market is a cant miss event, and right outside the front door.

The room was a nice 2 room suite with very thick barn doors between the rooms that slid across the opening. The bed was very comfortable and we used the convertible sofa as we had a group of 4. The pull out sofa was still comfortable, though the bed was better. The bathroom is spectacular. With a walk in shower and a tub (antique style no less). The soaps shampoos etc or as good as I have ever had. Too bad they did not come in small bottles as would have filled my suitcase with them. We drank the in room coffee every morning and it was very good as well.

One interesting aspect that is unusual is that you have to cross the lobby from the 'parking elevator' to get the elevator that goes up into the hotel. I personally like that as the staff can monitor who goes up in the elevator. I can see some people complaining that they can't take 1 elevator to their room. Second interesting feature is that they use the Olympic Athletic Club as their weight room. This is one of the premier fitness clubs in the city. If you are into fitness, this is definitely the place to stay.

Room Tip: The suites on the fifth floor are worth it....
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an incredible review! We were happy to have you as our guest and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Best,

Travis Williams
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We enjoyed three lovely nights in this great small hotel. It is well located to tons of shops and food. The only downside was the small garage. We had to park one night on the street, as the garage was full, and did not find out that there was an additional place to park until the end of our stay. If you are driving in and get a choice of vehicle bring a smaller car as the spaces in the garage are quiet small, and the ceiling very low.
The staff was wonderful, and very helpful to our needs, and to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Great job Hotel Ballard!

Room Tip: As Far as we could tell, all of the 29 rooms are great, but the 4th floor lets you see over the buil...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Travis W, General Manager at Hotel Ballard, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Amber,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Ballard. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return soon! I will share your kind words with the staff and ensure that we are informing guests about our overflow parking options at time of check in.

Best,