“Christmas in Seattle”

Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
“Christmas in Seattle”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The area is nice with a lot of restaurants and bars within walking distance. That could be good or bad depending on your tastes. It did get a little noisy over the weekend but not bad during the week. We had no problem finding place to eat. The hotel restaurant is said to be very good, but we never got a chance to eat there. It is not open for breakfast and that was the only time we were at the hotel. The Athletic club attached is very nice and a plus if you want to work out while staying there and it is at no extra charge. That is a bonus. My only complaints would be that they kept running short on wash cloths and giving us only one for two people. I find that inexcusable. That should never happen at a better hotel like this one. It could have been a little cleaner. Most of our room was very clean, but attention to details like mopping the floor behind the bathroom door which wasn't done before we got there or once after our arrival was missed. Overall, it was very enjoyable and I would stay there again. It was definitely better than the average hotels we have stayed at in Seattle before.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors or on the other side as the bars to be more quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Travis W, General Manager at Hotel Ballard, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Hello,

Thank you for reviewing your holiday experience at Hotel Ballard. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our hotel and I apologize for the basic housekeeping steps that were missed throughout your stay. I will work with our housekeeping team to ensure that these steps aren't missed in the future. We greatly appreciate your review and bringing it to our attention. Hope to see you again at Hotel Ballard soon!

Best,

Travis Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
seattle
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I recently booked an overnight stay-cation at Hotel Ballard. We stayed in a Courtyard Room, and it was wonderful. The room was very nicely appointed, location (on the roof) was very private and VERY quiet! The view up there is amazing too! The staff were all very professional and helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend Hotel Ballard to anyone for a stay-cation or out of town guests. The rooftop dining/lounge venue, complete with outdoor fireplace would be a great place for a wedding or birthday party, and the adjacency to the health club is also a nice feature. Try the restaurant too - it is delicious!

Room Tip: Rooms on the rooftop Courtyard are very private and quiet, but be sure to check there is not an even...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed for a week in one of the 5th floor suites. Very comfortable, especially because of the gas fireplace that wards off the Seattle winter chill. The suites are capacious as is the bathroom with separate tub and shower. Restaurants and bars are within walking distance. Only downside is that the flat screen TV sets are not HD, which is expected in this day and age, especially during NFL playoff and NCAA bowl seasons!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
McGregor, Texas
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My sister and I had the pleasure of staying here last Friday night. This location is perfect for checking out the great shops, restaurants and bars. The hotel is beautifully decorated and yet quite comfortable! The decor and finishes of our room were quite nice too. It is a great place for a girls-night-out and would be nice for a romantic getaway with my husband too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ellenh0
cascadia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Ballard for three days over a weekend. it's on the main drag, right across the street from tractor, and other bars, which are loaded with people, standing on the sidewalks waiting to get in, quite the scene until after 1 AM.Though our suite was on the second floor it was surprisingly quiet. I'm pretty sure the upper floor rooms(there appears to be four floors used) is even quieter, but I didn't have any trouble sleeping with earplugs and a sound machine,--after 1 AM, that is.

The room was spacious, with nice natural light, a rather strange little couch with no arms, a couple of giant televisions, a huge bathtub which was really nice, a giant shower with not much water pressure, comfortable bed, no microwave or refrigerator, and a not great coffee machine that made lousy coffee, that we tried making tea in.

This is a fun little hotel in a great neighborhood, and we were really happy to see a lovely farmer's market sprout right in front of it on Sunday morning. The bus is easy to catch into town and where ever you want to go, and we ended up only using a taxi to go back and forth to the train station.

The restaurant in the hotel is very good, and there are many other excellent eateries nearby.

Room Tip: The upper floors are probably quieter than the second floor, which wasn't bad, considering the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here celebrating an anniversary and were very happy with this hotel. The location is great with lots of bars and restaurants nearby. The room was very comfortable, nicely furnished and quiet, with no noise at all from the street or the hallway. The staff were friendly and helpful, though they were extremely busy and we had to wait for our room on arrival. They left a bottle of fizz in our room for our anniversary which was a nice touch. We will definitely consider this hotel next time we are in Seattle.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
salem, oregon
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

There are not enough beautiful adjectives to describe this hotel. It was simply perfect. I loved staying in a brand new hotel - remodeled I believe in the spring 2013. When I walked into the swanky lobby, I thought, "Oh great - they are going to be snobby..." I usually stay in more humble hotels for business & can't typically afford a hotel of this caliber when I'm with my family. I was so pleasantly surprised by both young men at the front desk. Super nice. Not snooty at all. I was a little bummed I paid $10 to park in their garage then had to pay another $15 for an all nite/ day pass, but no biggie (maybe better signage when a hotel guest pulls into garage?) My room was awesome - on the second floor with a cute balcony overlooking the quaint neighborhood. Did not hear any traffic/ street noise nor any loud hallway noise. King bed über comfy. Great tv. Luxurious bathroom accommodations. To top it off - a pass to the ultra cool Olympic Athletic Club. I've never been in such an amazing gym. This was one business trip to Seattle that I wished were longer! I didn't have time to eat at the hotel's restaurant but it was crowded at both dinner and lunch the next day. The surrounding neighborhood would be fun to explore for couples or Girls Weekend. I hope to come back!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank bexnate
Travis W, General Manager at Hotel Ballard, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hello Bexnate,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Ballard and your experience at the Olympic Athletic Club! I will share your great feedback with the front desk. We are working on better signage in the garage and am sorry for any mix up at the meter. Hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels!