“Wonderful getaway in our own city!”
Review of Hotel Ballard

Hotel Ballard
Ranked #24 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I cannot believe it's taken me this long to write this glowing review of Hotel Ballard. We stayed there back in March for my partner's birthday. We had been wanting to check it out and decided to stay in our home city for the celebration. We were greeted with open arms and huge smiles when we arrived. The front desk staff was genuine, kind and incredibly delightful to speak with. The gentleman checking us in was kind enough to upgrade us to a courtyard suite. We were a touch early for check in so they said they would let us know when the room was ready. I remembered that Stoneburner was off the lobby so we opted for a cocktail.

Just a short time later, they came into the bar to hand us our room key. Nice touch! We had no idea, but the courtyard suite was on the roof top. We were thrilled! Despite the clouds and touch of drizzle, it was great to exit the elevator to that view. Our room was wonderfully appointed. We entered into a sitting area with a fireplace. Such a treat! The second area contained the large and perfectly comfortable bed. The bathroom was a real surprise. It was huge! A free standing tub and separate shower. The amenities were Molton Brown, our favorite.

Each and every time we entered and exited the hotel, we had a delightful encounter with the staff. They truly cared about our stay and our happiness. It was a fabulous feeling. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone from out of town or those, like us, who want a local getaway in a fantastic area for shopping and dining. We will return! Kudos to the entire staff!

Room Tip: The roof top Courtyard Suites are fantastic!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KL_Hedberg

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I spent a Saturday night here for our Anniversary. The staff is so attentive and the hotel is just gorgeous. We shopped and ate our way up and down Ballard Avenue. We have stayed at most of the hotels in downtown Seattle and this is our new favorite. Everything fun and delicious is so close! You should try Stoneburner for their delicious brunch. We will be back here for our next occasion which may be an wedding in their fabulous upstairs room. There was not an onsite spa as I noted, but there are several nice ones in the area

Room Tip: Be sure to visit the 5th floor desk with fireplace and cool chairs!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Travis W, General Manager at Hotel Ballard, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hi Susan,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Ballard as a surprise for your recent anniversary! Sounds like you celebrated exactly the right way by dining and shopping on Ballard Ave. We can't wait to hear what you think of the event space after the upcoming wedding on the roof. Thank you for the incredible review!

Best,

Travis Williams

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My fiance and I stayed here for two nights while exploring Seattle. We still talk about how comfortable the bed was and it was within walking distance of several great restaurants and public transportation to get around Seattle. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone staying in Ballard.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Ballard this past weekend. I had stayed there when they first opened a year ago so I was anxious to see if it was as good as I remembered. It was!!!

The front desk associates were very friendly and helpful. It was very easy to get to and had very easy underground self parking. The cost was $15 a day but for the Seattle area that is not bad.

Everything still seemed new and fresh. It was my husbands first stay and after being initially skeptical (he usually likes downtown hotels) he was very impressed. Very nice amenities and nice thick towels and a lovely comfy bed with great pillows & linens. We especially appreciated the carafe of free water and the free coffee maker.

The room also included a personal clothes steamer, a safe and a lovely robe.

Since last year an adjoining restaurant has opened which is very convenient. We went on a Friday night at 9:00 but couldn't get a table until 10:30 so we had to go elsewhere. Disappointing but just shows it must be good to be that popular at that time of night.

Good job Hotel Ballard, we can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Can't offer a tip-everything was great. We had a room facing the main street but it was very qui...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Janis,

Thank you for the incredible review of Hotel Ballard! We are thrilled that you found yourself back for a second visit and hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here for a night in May on our way back from a business trip and it was exactly what I had hoped for. It's right in the middle of Ballard and you could stay for a week and still not run out of great spots to eat, drink and shop (all within comfortable walking distance). We had a suite on the top floor which was quiet and secluded. We didn't take advantage of the patio on that stay as we were only there for a night, but it would be a wonderful spot to hang out and sip wine in the summer or fall. We are staying again for a couple of nights near the end of June and I think this will be our go-to place for Seattle weekends from now on.

The rooms are exactly as described on the website, the staff is friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions, the parking is reasonably priced for Seattle and the location just doesn't get any better!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Moe,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit! The list of amazing restaurants in Ballard is never ending and we are excited to share some more spots with you when you return toward the end of June. Hope you are able to take advantage of the rooftop and outdoor fireplace for a glass of wine during your next trip.

Thank you!

Travis Williams

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at the Hotel Ballard numerous times and it is a fantastic choice in Seattle. The style of the building is unique with a blend of classic, old hotel and modern. The beds are very comfortable with great sheets and a nice flat screen tv on the facing wall. Every room I've had came with a small balcony overlooking the Ballard neighborhood and Fisherman's Terminal. The staff is always super friendly and helpful. The bar/restaurant serves great cocktails and brunch. You also have a fantastic gym attached to the hotel. The gym was actually there before the hotel and was remodeled when the hotel was built recently. Lastly, walking out the door to the Ballard neighborhood is the best. I lived in Ballard for many years and visit often, and the Hotel Ballard is the only place I'll stay.

Stayed: January 2014
Travis W, General Manager at Hotel Ballard, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for your recent review! We look forward to welcoming you back soon. We have your favorite room noted, but I would love to offer a complimentary upgrade to a suite (based on availability of course) for your next visit as a thank you for the review and continued support of Hotel Ballard.

Best,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed at this relatively new hotel, only one year old, for three nights during the first weekend in May,2014.
The hotel is beautifully decorated and furnished. Our room was lovely with a small balcony overlooking all of the activity on Ballard Avenue. Everything in our room was wonderful, including the king sized bed, large flat-screen television, and walk-in shower in the bathroom.
I was very impressed by the lighting fixtures in the hallways of the hotel. Not only were they exquisite but the corridors were extremely well lite.
The entire vibrant area of Ballard is within easy walking distance of the hotel. Many good places to eat, drink, and shop.
The Stoneburner restaurant is located on the first floor of the hotel and has very good bar, exceptional bartenders, and pretty good pizza and salads.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms, and there aren't too many, all face Ballard Avenue. Ballard Avenue is...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple