“Wonderful hotel in an awesome part of Seattle.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ballard

Hotel Ballard
Ranked #2 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Brooklyn, NY
“Wonderful hotel in an awesome part of Seattle.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

My husband and I recently visited Seattle. In preparation for our trip, I researched many different hotels and neighborhoods on TripAdvisor before settling on Hotel Ballard. I am so glad we did. The hotel is modern and clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. We had a standard room, which was spacious, and had a small balcony overlooking the main boulevard below. The bathroom was clean and nicely sized, as well. Hotel guests have access to the health club next door and can participate in fitness classes, as well. We went early one morning to the health club to use the hot tub. If we had stayed longer, I would've definitely used more of the facilities.

The Ballard neighborhood is a short drive from downtown Seattle. It is very hip, with great restaurants, bars and shops. The hotel is located right on Ballard Avenue, which is right in the heart of the neighborhood. I recommend the restaurant right outside the hotel lobby, Stoneburger. We also ate at Staple and Fancy and the Ballard Annex Oyster House. Both were awesome and just down the street.

If I ever had the opportunity to visit Seattle again, I would definitely stay at Hotel Ballard again. It is modern luxury.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrooklynWino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had two nights in a courtyard suite and loved being able to sit outside in the evening. The view over the water was terrific. Inside, the bed was superbly comfortable, everything was scrupulously clean, and the bathroom was gorgeous. And the neighborhood is really interesting...lots to do and eat. I'd stay here again in a flash.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank acmeplant
Cochrane, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

A great hotel to me: One that does not smell musty, one that has a comfortable bed that I don't feel has the many people slept in feel, one where I can ask for help and they give advice cheerfully, and one that is quiet. This hotel had it all. It is attached to a fitness center, and restaurant and I'd say has the most amazing beds I've ever experienced in a hotel. Although our third floor room looked on to the street out front, we heard nothing. Ballard is a ways from downtown and quite far from the airport. We used public transit, and once we figured it out, went all over Seattle. There are cute little shops and places to eat that are open quite late. The only thing I missed was somewhere to get a bedtime snack. They have apples in the day, but no vending machines. Bus #40 takes you to the light rail and to the Safeco field as well as to the light rail where you can get to and from the airport for 2.50 each. The staff were very helpful. This is a treasure away from the hustle and bustle and we felt gave us a peaceful time away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl H
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Ballard. This boutique hotel is what you expect from a boutique property - well appointed, comfy bed and bedding, upscale feel - lovely. We did have a hiccup with the AC system which was a little complicated, but not bad enough to warrant any downgrade. The Ballard area is great, the farmer's market on the weekend was steps from the Hotel and one of the best I have seen. Every restaurant we tried was fabulous - all within walking distance. The Ballard boat locks and fish ladders are within walking distance, as well. We will definitely stay there again - can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kkosse
Carrollton, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights in a Courtyard Suite with our 5 year old grandson. The room had a separate room for him to sleep in and also had a fireplace and a second TV for him. Room was very clean, friendly staff, and great shopping and restaurants nearby. Will most definitely stay again in the near future.

Room Tip: Book a Courtyard Suite. They are on the top floor and have excellent views and outdoor area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank jfosters6
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

What a beautiful place! I only had one quick night to visit here, but the hotel and restaurant
are wonderful. The staff very nice and helpful. Plenty of places to eat, drink and be entertained
right across the street. With that being said, the hotel is very quiet even the street side rooms.
You can even use the athletic facility next door. Next time in Seattle area, I will skip the city and come back to the Ballard!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I only stayed one night, but wished I could have stayed a few more. This is a great little hotel just outside of downtown in a fun neighborhood. There was karaoke going on in the bar across the street but you couldn't hear a peep unless you opened your balcony door. The staff is really friendly and helpful and the place is gorgeous! I would definitely recommend staying here if you're going to be in the Seattle area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends