“Deceptive advertising”

Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Lake Union
Cross street: Wallingford
Description: Chutney"s bistro is an exclusive Indian restaurant in Wallingford center,Seattle WA,which serves authentic Indian food and also the first Indian restaurant serving ORGANIC FOOD,WINES & BEERS. Free parking available anytime.
Seattle
“Deceptive advertising”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This restaurant states on its signs that it serves organic food but that is not the case. They have a separate menu for organic food and you have to ask for that menu------but no one knows when they walk in that they have to ask for the separate menu for the organic entrees. People come to the restaurant thinking that they will eat organic items because that is what the signs state------ but that is not the case!

The Better Business Bureau should be holding these people accountable for false advertising.

We will not return to this restaurant.

• Visited March 2012

WA
“Good buffet made with organic ingredients only”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Good - The food has a lot of variety and is pretty well prepared
LOt of parking around
Owner is a great guy(allowed us to pay 5 credit cards for 5 people, we changed seats without informing him)
Good selection of items

Bad -
The Tandoori chicken tends to be dry

SOmething to watch out for
- It is not easy to located it from outside as it is located in a mall

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Travel_ferocity
Seattle, Washington
“Chutney's Chicken Tikka Masala - YUM!”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Chutney's Chicken Tikka Masala ~ MMMMMMMMMM!!! We've been coming to Chutney's for our Indian takeout fix for eight years now, and their Chicken Tikka and Chicken Tikka Masala simply can't be beat!. We routinely try new Indian places everywhere throughout Seattle and also wherever we travel, but I generally end up comparing other places to Chutney's and Chutney's wins.

Now, Chutney's serves Thali! A thali is a selection of different dishes served in small bowls on a round tray, and Chutney's offers it only at dinner. We are usually only "take-out" orderers, but we decided that for once, we'd go in and enjoy our meal on-premises.

I, like 90% of Americans, have an ongoing love affair with good Tikka Masala. Chutney's is the best I've experienced in Seattle, and because of this I will order it, to the exclusion of every other blessed item on the menu, every time. I have been doing this for over three years now and no, I am not yet tired of eating it. It is THAT good. However, after speaking with the owner we decided to go ahead and try Thali for our in-house experience. They offer a veggie, chicken, lamb or salmon. We ended up trying the lamb and salmon, and a delicious (wonderfully thick and sweet yet tart at the same time) mango lassi to start.

We feasted on samosas, daal, assorted veggies, curries, rice, yogurt, several sauces, and naan. When we finished, we were completely full and yet I couldn't leave any of the delectable stuff behind so I had the rest boxed and enjoyed a feast again for lunch the next day. Wow. I was convinced that I needed a trip to India after that just to eat my way through the country for a week.

So, check out the Chicken Tikka Masala (or sub the chicken for lamb, salmon or paneer, I've tried them all and all are great), the Mango Chicken, or the Pomegranate Chicken. Also, don't leave without trying the Tomato Soup (they add cilantro, it adds an amazing depth of flavor) and the Mango Lassi.

Harish, thank you for offering such amazing fare!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank thetripchick
Seattle, Washington
“Worst service ever.”
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I moved to the Wallingford area about six months ago and I was excited to have an Indian restaurant within walking distance.

I'm used to cold impersonal service; which I can handle. However, after once a week visits for the first four months, I never saw a glimmer of recognition or memory of my ordering habits from the food servers. I have to prompt them for every step of the way and pry them away from the bar television or talking to each other. I have to call them over to take my drink order which is always painfuly slow. Then after I'm obviously done for several minutes, I always have to call them over to bring my check. Zero observation, intuition, or communication from these people.

I am not a difficult person to please and it takes a lot for me to rant like this. I used to be in the service industry, so I cut a lot of slack because I know what it can be like and I habitually overtip for the same reason.

I just went there after two months of not going, but I was craving Indian and had to go. Nothing has changed.

The food is good. Not great... but good. The variety at the buffet is decent. The owner is pleasant and personable and they have a brunch on weekends.

Seattle
“There's Much Better”
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Very Disappointing. The flavors were bland and watered down and salty where you don't need it. The lunch buffet was over-priced and the owner was rude. I love good Indian food and live close by so I really wanted to like it. Too bad.