“Worst service ever.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Lake Union
Cross street: Wallingford
Description: Chutney"s bistro is an exclusive Indian restaurant in Wallingford center,Seattle WA,which serves authentic Indian food and also the first Indian restaurant serving ORGANIC FOOD,WINES & BEERS. Free parking available anytime.
Seattle, Washington
“Worst service ever.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

I moved to the Wallingford area about six months ago and I was excited to have an Indian restaurant within walking distance.

I'm used to cold impersonal service; which I can handle. However, after once a week visits for the first four months, I never saw a glimmer of recognition or memory of my ordering habits from the food servers. I have to prompt them for every step of the way and pry them away from the bar television or talking to each other. I have to call them over to take my drink order which is always painfuly slow. Then after I'm obviously done for several minutes, I always have to call them over to bring my check. Zero observation, intuition, or communication from these people.

I am not a difficult person to please and it takes a lot for me to rant like this. I used to be in the service industry, so I cut a lot of slack because I know what it can be like and I habitually overtip for the same reason.

I just went there after two months of not going, but I was craving Indian and had to go. Nothing has changed.

The food is good. Not great... but good. The variety at the buffet is decent. The owner is pleasant and personable and they have a brunch on weekends.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Seattle
“There's Much Better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2008

Very Disappointing. The flavors were bland and watered down and salty where you don't need it. The lunch buffet was over-priced and the owner was rude. I love good Indian food and live close by so I really wanted to like it. Too bad.

Eugene, Oregon
“Great Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2008

Great Indian food in Walligford. The Chicken Tikka and the Naan were excellent. This restaurant is also located in a great shooping area in Wallingford so go early and enjoy the area as well.

1 Thank Ana V
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“best indian food (so far) in seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2008

best indian food (so far) in seattle

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I have high standards for Indian food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2008

I have high standards for Indian food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook