“Wonderful Restaurant”

Il Terrazzo Carmine
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Terrazzo Carmine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 4,197 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between Jackson and King on 1st Ave S.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were staying in the Pioneer Square area for a night and wanted an outdoor spot (small patio- there is a large indoor space) for a warm evening in Seattle. A friend had recommended Carmine's- what a treat. Don't be deceived by the neighborhood or that you walk into an office building to get there. We mistakenly went into their new street front bar- all staff greeted us and Carmine Jr. came out from behind the bar and walked us to the restaurant just down the hallway. The decor was beautiful and the whole staff friendly, but very professional. Not once did I hear "no problem" uttered from a server! Our server was Joe and he was very helpful picking wine and sorting through the menu. Definitely one of our best dining experiences of the summer.

There are newer reviews for Il Terrazzo Carmine

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I can't say enough to praise this restaurant. The ambience is elegant. The service is friendly and attentive without being intrusive, and the food is delicious. Moreover, the prices are reasonable. The only negative I can offer is that on nights when there is a baseball game being played at Safeco Field, the traffic around dinner time stinks, and parking can be difficult.

I will definitely return here the next time I'm in Seattle.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went here based on internet reviews and it was a nice walk from my hotel, and was so happy I did. The place is absolutely charming, with staff greeting everyone who walks through the door in the same pleasant welcoming manner. My server was very knowledgeable about the menu, including the wine menu which was very helpful. And the food was so good. I went with the classic rigatoni bolognese, and it was delicious. The caprese appetizer is large enough to share with several people at the table, but probably too big for a solo diner, unless you plan to take the rest home. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the Pioneer Square area of Seattle.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Every meal at this restaurant feels like celebrating a special occasion because the staff is top notch and makes every dining experience special. The menu is not overly complex but each dish is freshly prepared and tastes great. This is one of my go-to places for the ambience and unhurried service. Romantic, impressive, formal without being stuffy. Excellent wine list. Expensive, but worth the splurge.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is one of the best restaurants in Pioneer Square that you wouldn't know was there. White tablecloths, excellent food, wonderful atmosphere, etc…. You definitely need a reservation. Great for date night, special occasion, or a night out with friends.

1  Thank Alene A