“Worth the wait!”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Salumi Artisan Cured Meats is a USDA Salumi Meat Curing Facility. We produce meats for our Deli, which is adjacent to the Meat Curing facility as well as wholesale customers within the US. Within Seattle, our cured meats can be purchased at DeLaurenti (Pike Place Market) and the Central and Metropolitan Markets throughout the area. In our deli, you may purchase sandwiches, soup, pasta and cured meats. If you wish sliced meats, you must order these in advance. Mondays are take out only with a limited menu (5 or 6 sandwiches)
Anchorage, Alaska
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place makes incredible fresh curred meats and cheeses! The sandwiches are fantastic and worth the wait if there is one! Even before a baseball game ;)! I always try and grab a sandwich when visiting Seattle! I love the family oriented staff who are very friendly!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Kaitlei

“Just Go!…and probably wait.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

All the good things everyone else has said are so right. I haven't read them all, but in the reviews I read there were a couple of things I didn't see mentioned. Going late for lunch, maybe around 3pm, helps avoid the long lines, but also presents the danger that they will be sold out of at least some of the menu items. And, you might try calling ahead to order if you're taking out. The staff is peddling as fast as they can to keep up, but they couldn't be any friendlier. Take home some of the fennel or mole' salami and you can relive your visit every time you take a bite!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Ddfocus
baltimore
“Still thinking of that sandwich.”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Words fail me. Easily one of the top five sandwiches I've ever had. My traveling companions agree.We were outside the place by 10:30 and first in line. By 11, there were a couple dozen behind us. All I can do is join the chorus praising the quality of the sandwiches here. If it were alone as the one worthwhile food experience in Seattle, it would still compel a visit to that city.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank instanbul2005
Farmington
“This sandwich is good”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Skeptical at least to journey back to this side of town,but with the police museum next door and reviews singing the praises of the food. I had to try. Arriving early is a must. Parking is limited maybe 3 spots on street across from restaurant. I dropped family off circled through Chinatown with car awaiting for cell phone call. We left it in the hands of owner's .Ordered 3 most popular sandwiches. Very good,similar to ones I ate in Italy last fall. Fresh, reasonable, ate them at hotel,sitting limited work out great for us

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Rich D
“Memorable!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The porchetta sandwich is worth any wait. Arriving at 11:15, the line was only about 6 people out the door. The sampler of salami offered to those in line helped make the wait more pleasant. Want to try more but the sandwich is rather large. Grilled lamb sandwich was shared on different bread so the two of us were able to sample enough. Enjoyed the simple house wine.

Visited May 2014