“Wonderful dining experience”

Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We had dinner at Daimonji on Feb 1. We arrived at about 8:00 PM and appeared to be the last new customers of this Wednesday evening. Yet the owner and staff greeted us warmly, did not rush our meal and were gracious and very helpful. They spent time at our table after our dinner discussing the meal and in general conversation. The quality of the food was excellent, the salmon and tuna were luscious and almost melted in your mouth. The food presentation was lovely and all dishes were beautifully plated. We had a great time and not only will we definitely return, but we will make this our sushi restaurant of choice!

• Visited February 2012

Seattle
“Unpretentious Japanese Home-Cookin'!”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This humble storefront did not draw my attention until the guy in my carpool pointed it out. "That place is good", he said, "You should take your husband there." (He knows my husband is a Japanese citizen, and very fond of sushi!). So we tried it one evening. It is an unpretentious little place with very fair prices and excellent service. It's not the place to go if you have a ring in your pocket and The One on your arm, but if you want a simple restaurant that makes (according to my husband) VERY good sushi, and sukiyaki whose broth is very flavorful and infuses its taste into the vegetables as well, then this place is a treasure.

The neighborhood is not a good place to go for a stroll. It's what you'd call "iffy", but the parking lot it well lit, and you go from the car, to the restaurant, to the car with no trouble. I am disabled and walk very, very slowly. If I can make it in there, you can too.

I recommend you make reservations, especially on a weekend. This place is well-kept, but it's no secret.

• Visited November 2011
Seattle, Wa
“Excellent Service and Food”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Had the California Roll, Chicken Teryiaki and Soup was awesome. Owner was there and was very friendly and helpful.

• Visited October 2011
Seattle, WA
“Great Experience worth trying again if you had a bad experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2010

My Daughter wanted teriyaki and we where driving past Daimonji so I know she loves sushi, so we stopped in and I had not been here for two years or so. It was a great experience, AAlex is the owner and sushi chef, he greeted us and was very friendly, so was the rest of the staff. Alex engaged into a nice conversation with my daughter (8 years old) and mad her feel great. The fish was really fresh.

I would suggest this place and we will go back again.

Seattle/Tacoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sad, downhill slide”
Reviewed 12 September 2008

My fiance and I have eaten at Daimonji for about a decade and the service, staff, and food have changed for the worse. First of all, over half the staff that used to serve us have left and were replaced by rude women who stand next our table talking and watching us eat. It was as if they wanted us to leave right away. Second, the tempura is bland and greasy and I've been lectured by our server that it takes 30 minutes to make okonomiyaki. This Japanese "pancake" is their signature dish, yet when we tried to order our favorite variety we were told it was not popular and "too hard to make"! We paid the bill grudgingly and left with a sense of sadness.

1 Thank bananappealus

Been to Daimonji Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!