“a lovely pre show dining experience”
Review of Ten Mercer

Ten Mercer
Reserve with OpenTable
Ten Mercer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 4,199 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Cross street: Queen Anne Avenue North
Transit: 10 Minute walk Northwest of the Monorail. Served by the 1, 8, 15, 32, 18 and the "D line" Rapid Ride Metro Bus lines.
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Four of us met here, pre a 7:30 show, and had very good meals with excellent service. 3 od us had the steak salad, which may be the best in the city. Beef cooked perfectly (and I like rare) and served over a cross between a greena salad ana chopped salad almost, as it was full of goodies. Don't order if you don't like blue cheese (which I love). the 4th person among us had medallions of beef with gravy and mashed potatoes and raved about both. Service was excellent. I wouldn't give this a 5 rating however as the chairs are hard and not too comfortable. cushions would add a lot, in my view. BTW, the SMALL steak salad (for $18 I believe) was plenty big.

1  Thank NWroamer11
There are newer reviews for Ten Mercer

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The main reason for going to Ten Mercer is that it serves reasonably good food, is open late, and is in close waking distance from the opera. There are so many really interesting restaurants in Seattle that Ten Mercer does not make it to our list of go-to places when in town. This is not to say that the food lacks quality - the smoked sturgeon appetizer we shared was (and has always been) an excellent preparation. My steak salad was good and her scallops were properly prepared. Our bottle of 2007 Andre Andrieux Cote Rotie turned out to be a very good choice from a more than adequate list. The ambience is comfortable and the bar scene is probably fairly energetic earlier in the evening. Nice room, adequate food, friendly service.

1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Well that says it all, except for having a great time with friends before the opera or ballet. The lamb is excellent, my favorite is the mussels with a glass of wine.

1  Thank Mary C
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had friends meeting us for dinner at our hotel in downtown Seattle. We asked the hotel reception for recommendations, and then researched them online. The menu at Ten looked good and online reviews were generally decent. I called to make reservations and the staff member I spoke with was very pleasant. We all walked the five blocks to the restaurant, one of several in the immediate area. Reservations are recommended because it's more likely that you'll then be seated in the quieter upstairs area, as we were. The staff was exceptionally helpful, offering to check my jacket. We all agreed it seemed to be a nice place on first impressions, and that proved to be the case throughout dinner. Our server was pleasant and efficient, quickly bringing the bottle of wine and taking our dinner choices. Three of us had fish, and one a steak salad, and all agreed they were quite good. A very pleasant evening.

1  Thank HappyWandererQ
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Restaurants in Lower Queen Anne are busy on event nights. After lurking for a table in the bar at another restaurant, we were lucky that this charming place was able to seat us upstairs in "the love nest," a one-sided booth over the open staircase. It was perfect for a couple, and the food was delicious. I had the trout in a cumin flavored rub, and my partner chose the beef tenderloins-both yummy. The fish rub was spicy, but I like cumin. The mashed potato/corn side dish was a tad unusual, but tasty. The delicate haricot verts were sublime.. There is an ample by-the-glass wine selections, and some fresh things on the dessert menu. We were lucky to find a spot in the nest, and certainly will be back. Plus, the service was terrific.

1  Thank poetsrest

Been to Ten Mercer? Share your experiences!