“Fastastic food.”
Review of Metropolitan Grill

Metropolitan Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Metropolitan Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Marion
Transit: Second Ave & Marion: MT 131-O, MT 132-O, MT 134-O, MT 143-I, MT 152-O, MT 157-I, MT 158-I, MT 158-O, MT 159-I, MT 159-O MT 161-I, MT 162-I, MT 162-O, MT 170-O, MT 174-O, MT 175-I, MT 175-O, MT 177-O, MT 179-I, MT 179-O MT 19-I, MT 190-O, MT 191-O, MT 192-I, MT 192-O, MT 194-O, MT 196-O, MT 21-I,
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A have simple tastes and all I will say is the best chopped steak I have ever had was here. The beef stroganoff I had one day on the lunch special was fantastic.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I ate here twice during a business trip the last week of July. The atmosphere was great, service incredible, and the food was beyond perfection! I sat at the bar both times, and Tony (the bartender) is the man! Ask for him, and enjoy a nice glass of Guinness, he pours in perfectly. I had the burger with wedges my first dinner, and it was by far the best burger that I have ever ate. Get it! My 2nd dinner I had the filet. It was of course amazing, but I secretly wish I got the burger again. It was that good! This is my "go to" place anytime I'm in Seattle.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great welcome received but although we had reserved a table for 8pm we had to wait about 20 minutes for our table so in the meantime we struggled to find a table in the bar area. We then asked 2 ladies if we could perch at the end of their table which was a bit awkward when they were eating. We had some drinks whilst waiting and the atmosphere was good.

Our waitress was fabulous. Very welcoming, enthusiastic and flamboyant. She recommended steaks according to the type we'd usually go for and I had the fillet and my husband had the ribeye. We were offered vegetables but weren't told that these were additional cost (although I did ask as suspected they would be). Food was excellent, unfortunately I couldn't finish it all but I made sure I finished the steak which was beautiful and cooked to perfection. My husband enjoyed his too.

We were able to expense half of our meal as my husband was still officially in Seattle on business or we wouldn't have been able to afford it! We only had 2 drinks with the meal but it still came to 170 dollars!! Great food but prices are a bit silly in my opinion.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Ate here for the first time to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday. We arrived shortly after our reservation time and were promptly seated. As we were walking to our seats, several staff welcomed us and wished us well on our meal.

The ambiance is old school steakhouse, dark wood and green velvet fabric on the booths. Good sized crowd, not many empty tables. The atmosphere is higher energy than Ruth's Chris (which goes for a more sedate setting), but not so noisy as to be unpleasant or distracting.

Kim, our server, was friendly and engaging and knew the menu very well. She provided excellent suggestions .Overhearing other servers, it is clear that the Met works hard to train their waitstaff.

We started off with the Prime Teriyaki Tenderloin bites. Very tender and with a nicely flavored sauce. My wife had the Heirloom Tomato Salad, proclaimed it delicious and described the flavors as well balanced.

She had the Wagyu beef filet mignon and I had the standard prime New York strip. Both were prepared to perfection, (medium for hers and Medium well for mine). The New York was as tender as some filets I have had. Her filet was buttery soft with excellent flavor. She had the roasted root vegetables (butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, potatoes and red onions) which were delicious. I had the steak house fries (wedge cut) which were nicely flavored. They serve an herbed au jus to use with the steaks, and while flavorful, seemed almost like gilding the lily. The steaks stand just fine on their own.

One other thing that impressed me was how well the waitstaff worked together. They seemed to get along well and cooperated to help the customers (fetching extra plates, assisting with table service).

Overall an exceptional meal and one of the best restaurant experiences I have had in a very long time.

I would recommend using the valet parking service, only $9 added to your bill. Saves the effort of finding a parking spot and I think the price is comparable to self-parking in downtown Seattle.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

A high quality traditional steakhouse in the same vein as Abe & Louie's in Boston. The food is great and the ambience very traditional.

Been to Metropolitan Grill? Share your experiences!