“Great meat”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pike
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
seattle
“Great meat”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We came here on a friend's dime and just ordered and had a great meal. Three of us. Two started with drinks and oysters on a half shell which were local Washington from Hood Canal and very good. Two split a salad fearing the meat portions were huge. The salads are huge as was the beef dish. Two rib eye no bone and one New York (cause the Seahawks are in the Super Bowl). Sides are large so we shared two. One was mashed sweet potato and the other was spinach and button mushrooms. All were great except the spinach was a bit salty. My only goal was to finish with no take home box. The other two could not do it. Needless to say I loosened my belt. We ended with two deserts, a burnt crème while we waited for the very light soufflé to be prepared (min. 30 minutes) Perfect.

Everything is a la carte so on the pricey side. They do have a good seafood choice too with many appetizers. With 1 drink just over $100 per person so be aware of this if you are on a budget. We thanked our long distance host who was in Florida and not at the dinner.

Valet parking was cool as it is in busy downtown and the valet had the car ready when we were leaving. It was a Sunday night so if I were to guess, most here (75%) were staying in nearby hotels for a conference or business meeting. Maybe 3-4 tables with women but a lot of male tables here for the beef. Sunday night the bar was not full but we thought it would be good to come back and have a drink and have appetizers and dessert for a second visit.

• Visited January 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Great New Years dinner except ...”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Celebrated New Years at Morton's and had a very good dinner. My wife's steak was perfect and my lamb chops were as good as they get. Dessert was the only disappointment. Had a chocolate Souffle that HAD NO chocolate in it. Very odd. The server brought a small pot of chocolate sauce to make the remaining souffle "chocolate." They also removed the charge for dessert -- no offer to actually deliver a chocolate souffle. Overall, a good restaurant -- but still horribly overpriced.

• Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful anniversary meal”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I celabrated our 6th wedding Annaversary. It was a Monday evening so there were less than 10 tables filled. This made for speedy service but I think the atmosphere would have been better with more action. Be that as may it was still a very lovely experience. We started with the Morton's salad shared and was very tastie. We decide to share the 24oz Porterhouse done medium rare. It come out cooked to perfection. The taste was tender and delicious. We had the side of twice baked cheese potatoes and they were sinfully delicious. By this time we were stuffed but they insisted on comping us a chocolate soufflé. Wow, I am not a big desert guy but this just melts in your mouth. A great end to a great meal. We brought a special bottle of Napa Stags Leap cab from home and even with a $29 corkage fee it was much less than the $140 or $150 bottle on the wine list.
So all in all it was an excellent experience and we will return but with the prices it will be a special night.

Surrey, Canada
“An evening out with friends to celebrate”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had reservations for 6:00pm and were sat immidiately, we were able to reserve a side room so that we did not have to worry about our conversation and noise disturbing the other patrons. The service was great from start to finish, from the initial drink order all the way to dessert ideas and recommendations. This is certainly a steak house with numerous cuts available for order and honking big steak knives to slice up your meal. The restaurant itself is a couple of flights below street level, so it could be very dark but with the lighting and decor the area seemed welcoming and not too close. People at our table had steak, lobster, filet, different sides which are not included in your meal price but serve between two/three diners. A wide variety of wines and for our group Scotch. This is not an everyday meal as our group ended up dropping close to $1800 for our meal. A great experience and a wonderful meal, glad we went.

• Visited November 2013
Seattle WA
“Liked the food but mixed review on hostess seating?”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I are here with my husband last weekend and really enjoyed the food. We ordered the steaks, wild mushrooms,oysters and split a key line pie dessert. Everything was well prepared! We also tried some specialty cocktails. My only complaint was that when we arrived I asked for a table in the dining room. After checking open table minutes before arriving, I noticed there were several open spots so I didn't make a reservation ahead of time as we were arriving after 8:30pm for dinner. I was planning a night out and looked forward to the dining room experience. The hostess told us that there were no tables available for a while and that bar seating was open. My husband questioned her and mentioned we had just checked open table minutes before coming and said I see several tables? The hostess said the open table thing was not always correct. We opted for the bar. The service in the bar was excellent and the bar tender was great. In giving a lower rating of average due to the restaurant not accommodating our seating request. Steak is not inexpensive at Mortens and in our case our bill was well over a few hundred dollars. You would expect to sit in the dining room if that's your choice.

• Visited November 2013