“competent, not brilliant”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pike
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very predictable meal. Have eaten at many Morton's and have to say that they seem to be sliding. Not many people, no vibe or atmosphere. Steak was good, key lime pie amazing as usual but the prawns were disappointing.

1  Thank Lawyerlady2012

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having eaten several times in Seattle, I was finally able to convince my wife to try a good steakhouse. I cook the steaks at home and do a pretty good job, but was hoping to find something to strive toward. My wife ordered a lemon drop before dinner; it was too sweet and the sugar on the rim of the glass was excessive. I had a glass of Cab which was good. After ordering our dinner, the friendly waiter brought the bread, which was fluffy and tasteless except for the onions on top and the butter which was a nice temperature and spread evenly.

We ordered a large meal to split between us. The French Onion Soup was good, but I've had better. The scallops were nicely done, wrapped in bacon. The shrimp was fine. But the steak: We ordered the Prime Filet rare. But it was as close to raw as any steak I have ever eaten. The surface of the steak was not charred, but almost grey, with a few marks from the grill. Several bites were still cold in the middle.

The steak was rarer than I like, but I will never be able to convince my wife to go there again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had the Grand Marnier Souffle in Houston TX, It was awesome. However, I had the same one and later the Chocolate Souffle in Seattle WA, it was so so and the shape was not appealing. You should improve it.

Another suggestion you should do some remodeling because the restaurant in Seattle looks wore out and too dark.

Overall, we enjoyed the food.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The food was awesome, but the bar staff is from hell - if you go, just don't go to the bar go straight to the resto and have your food.

1  Thank Pablo J
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We came here on a friend's dime and just ordered and had a great meal. Three of us. Two started with drinks and oysters on a half shell which were local Washington from Hood Canal and very good. Two split a salad fearing the meat portions were huge. The salads are huge as was the beef dish. Two rib eye no bone and one New York (cause the Seahawks are in the Super Bowl). Sides are large so we shared two. One was mashed sweet potato and the other was spinach and button mushrooms. All were great except the spinach was a bit salty. My only goal was to finish with no take home box. The other two could not do it. Needless to say I loosened my belt. We ended with two deserts, a burnt crème while we waited for the very light soufflé to be prepared (min. 30 minutes) Perfect.

Everything is a la carte so on the pricey side. They do have a good seafood choice too with many appetizers. With 1 drink just over $100 per person so be aware of this if you are on a budget. We thanked our long distance host who was in Florida and not at the dinner.

Valet parking was cool as it is in busy downtown and the valet had the car ready when we were leaving. It was a Sunday night so if I were to guess, most here (75%) were staying in nearby hotels for a conference or business meeting. Maybe 3-4 tables with women but a lot of male tables here for the beef. Sunday night the bar was not full but we thought it would be good to come back and have a drink and have appetizers and dessert for a second visit.