“The best of steak and seafood in Seattle”
Review of Morton's - The Steakhouse - CLOSED

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pike
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

There are lots of restaurants that are very good as steakhouses, and of course in Seattle lots of phenomenal seafood restaurants. Morton's was recommended to us is one that had the best of both. We were not disappointed.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a dinner with a friend and it was good. The restaurant was not packed so we were able to have a conversation.

The dining room was down a flight of steps. On the way back, we found paramedics at the scene attending to a lady who had fallen down the steps. Be careful there.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very predictable meal. Have eaten at many Morton's and have to say that they seem to be sliding. Not many people, no vibe or atmosphere. Steak was good, key lime pie amazing as usual but the prawns were disappointing.

1  Thank Lawyerlady2012
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having eaten several times in Seattle, I was finally able to convince my wife to try a good steakhouse. I cook the steaks at home and do a pretty good job, but was hoping to find something to strive toward. My wife ordered a lemon drop before dinner; it was too sweet and the sugar on the rim of the glass was excessive. I had a glass of Cab which was good. After ordering our dinner, the friendly waiter brought the bread, which was fluffy and tasteless except for the onions on top and the butter which was a nice temperature and spread evenly.

We ordered a large meal to split between us. The French Onion Soup was good, but I've had better. The scallops were nicely done, wrapped in bacon. The shrimp was fine. But the steak: We ordered the Prime Filet rare. But it was as close to raw as any steak I have ever eaten. The surface of the steak was not charred, but almost grey, with a few marks from the grill. Several bites were still cold in the middle.

The steak was rarer than I like, but I will never be able to convince my wife to go there again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had the Grand Marnier Souffle in Houston TX, It was awesome. However, I had the same one and later the Chocolate Souffle in Seattle WA, it was so so and the shape was not appealing. You should improve it.

Another suggestion you should do some remodeling because the restaurant in Seattle looks wore out and too dark.

Overall, we enjoyed the food.