“Don't go! No matter how good some reviews are you will regret it.”
Review of El Puerco Lloron - CLOSED

El Puerco Lloron
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Vancouver, Canada
“Don't go! No matter how good some reviews are you will regret it.”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My boyfriend and I were in Seattle for one night and really craving Mexican food. We looked up Mexican restaurants in the area and we found “el Puerco lloron” after reading the reviews we decided to go there. The location of the restaurant is really good. As soon as we walked in and saw the condition of the place my boyfriend wanted to go somewhere else. But I thought I would over look the filthy tables and floors and overall dingyness of the place for good Mexican food. While we looked through the menu the lady serving the food kept asking us if she could help us…in a rude way. Obviously we were looking at the menu and undecided if we even wanted to eat there. She kept asking so we decided to order. I ordered the carne asada tacos. As soon as she picked up the meat I regretted my decision of eating there! I was terrified. The carne asada looked like it had been sitting there 3 days. My boyfriend ordered cochinita which they were out so she offered cochinita Colorado instead. His food wasn’t bad. I ate one taco. Had a bit of rice and a bit of beans and I was done with that place. They were out of pico de gallo also. We left and I was so upset that we were visiting from Vancouver and wanted a good dinner for our only night in Seattle spend $30 for both of us for something they should have paid us to eat! I’m surprised how they’re even open. Why some people rate it a good place. How they make money? Because I’m definitely not going there ever again and make sure I tell people I know heading to Seattle not to come near that place. How it is that health inspection hasn’t closed them?

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gbita

Seattle
“Best Mexican Food in the City”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Don't be put off by the cafeteria style service at El Puerco. The food is authentic, without being smothered in sauce and broiled till the plate is too hot to touch. It's real Mexican food, like you'll find in food trucks, but unlike food trucks, you can sit down at their authentic metal card tables and take in the Mexican atmosphere. Not to be missed!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank seattleadgeek
Austin, Texas, United States
“A little hard to find, but really worth it”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

You have to know where you're going (or just be completely lost to begin with) to find this little restaurant off the back stairs of the Public Market, but it's totally worth it! My brother and I ate here and both had tacos, drinks, and guac for less than $25. The tacos were authentic and tasty and the outdoor seating was nice and made for good people-watching.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kerry N
Kingston, Washington
“Authentic comida Mexicana”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

A must if you miss the little mom and pop restaurants in out of the way Mexico. Food and atmosphere are like finding a little jewel in your Mexican travels. Right down the hill climb from Pikes Place Market, easy access to everything including the waterfront. The funky little tables and chairs make you feel like you are off the beaten path in Mexico.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank upacrk
Missoula, MT
“Authentic classic”
Reviewed 21 April 2012 via mobile

Hand made tortillas, simple menu, great food and it feels like u r in Mexico. Been going there since 1985. Every time I'm in Seattle. Always makes me smile.

1 Thank TMBOB