“Lovely Stop on Pike Place”

La Buona Tavola Truffle Cafe
Ranked #374 of 4,199 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stopped in here on our last day in Seattle. I was really wanting a place to sit and something to drink and we happened to wander into this little gem. The place primarily sells truffle oils of all sorts and wines, and offers wine tastings. One of the staff members asked if we wanted to do a tasting so we sat down, and had a blast. The guy that did the wine tasting, David, was very friendly and incredibly knowledgeable. This guy knew his stuff and helped to make the whole experience very enjoyable. The staff all had great charisma and the whole vibe in the place was very comfortable and friendly. All the wines we tasted were fantastic and we ended up purchasing three of the wines we tasted along with some truffle pesto sauce. The place will ship the wines to you so you won't have to worry about trying to fly back with wine bottles in your suitcase. I had to wait a few months to actually get my wine, but that was due to the extremely high temperatures we had over the summer, and all during that time, David was great about calling or e-mailing to keep me updated and let me know that he hadn't forgotten about my order. I was very happy with overall experience at this place, and the next time I'm in Seattle, I'll definitely make sure to stop in here again.

There are newer reviews for La Buona Tavola Truffle Cafe

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were recommended by Brett, our tour guide, on a Savor Seattle food walking tour to take Mac & Cheese from Beechers and enjoy it in the little tasting space with truffle oils and wines here at La Buona Tavola Truffle Cafe. Any place that can take an already amazing Mac & Cheese to a whole other level is a must try. We had the pleasant company of David, who talked us through some fabulous wines from small volume producers who work hard to yield top quality wines. Their truffle products come mostly from Italy & being from the UK where the duties aren't as high on European products we chose to only splurge on tiny travel sized bottles of their white and black truffle oils which were simply divine. We will however be keeping an eye out for the various other bits we tasted like their truffle caviar and truffle cream and truffle pesto and, and, and!

1  Thank Cary and Kevin D
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Just walking around the area, we were offered a sample of potato leek soup with truffle oil. Admittedly I was frightened because I'd heard how overpowering truffle oil can be but as it turned out, it wasn't the soup or the truffle oil that caused us to stay - it was the wine!

Now I'm not a wine drinker. In fact, before La Buona, I absolutely hated the stuff and had never wanted to go to a tasting. The woman was patient with me, had a great sense of humor and was bound and determined to find a wine for me that didn't remind me of cough syrup.

Not only did I find one I liked, I ended up purchasing bottles to be shipped back to New York.

Oh, and I bought truffles too.

For a relaxed, fun experience with people who make you feel like old friends - hurry to La Buona!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Gourmet truffle oils vinegars. spices. Great free tastings...hints....recipes. Staff open and friendly. On edge of market. bottled and packed to ship. Need a gift..... you found it. On a tour and so glad we stopped.

1  Thank TravelinGal16
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I learned a lot in a short time on both truffles and olive oil. They supplied sufficient samples to illustrate the quality of the products and quickly made a $100 sale!

1  Thank TrvlTheWorld2

Been to La Buona Tavola Truffle Cafe? Share your experiences!