“Neighborhood Icon”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Seattle breakfast, lunch and food 24 hours a day. All you can eat hash browns. 12-egg omelets. Fresh coffee. Friendly conversation. These are all things waiting for you here at Beth's Cafe Restaurant. Located in the scenic Greenlake neighborhood of Seattle, Beth's Cafe has been serving up the area's best breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner since 1954. Walk through our doors and see years of colorful drawings from our patrons, smell the comforting smells of your favorite dishes, and see the smiles on all of our staff members and guests. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so if you enjoy your scrambled eggs at any time of the day, any day of the week.
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

My Seattle-ite daughter insisted we have breakfast at Beth's. This place is small try and go during off times. The walls and menu covers are filled with their customers's artistic crayon creations. The food, oh the food, take your appetite! The omelets are either 6 or 12 egg! We split, for a small fee, a six egg. The northwestern with smoked salmon was yummy. Even the toast and jam were either made in house or locally. Check out the size of the kitchen! I don't know how they do it. Beth's is satisfying and a great example of the urban diversity of Seattle.

1  Thank Greyjorene

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our party was over 6 people, which means that the Beth’s Cafe automatically charges gratuity even if your wait service was terrible. We refused to pay the gratuity, due to the poor service, but the manager on duty said they could not take it off the bill as it is automatically added by their cash register. Under duress, it was charged to my credit card. I suggested they give us a discount, but the manager would not budge. I even referred to their stellar awards from Trip Advisor and winning top restaurant in the city stickers all over their window and I said we (the whole party) would be giving the cafe a poor review on Trip Advisor and Yelp. He did not care at all. I said that is a shame. As we spoke to the manager, the waitresses came over and ask if we were talking about her, and the manager said "Yes." and under his breath said "badly", referring to her poor service. Her response was "Oh, I like when people talked about me." and shrugged her shoulders and walked away. No apology what so ever. I could not believe how rude and uncaring she was as well as the manager on duty.
Here is what happened after we sat down to eat after waiting 30 minutes for breakfast, which we knew would be the case. The waitress immediately acted as if we were irritating her as soon as we sat down. She was impatient for us to order. The menu is quite large and we had some questions, since we are from out of town and had never eaten there. She started to walk away, when I asked if we could have some coffee while we looked at the menu, you could see her irritated demeanor. I thought it was odd, that did not offer any coffee nor after we got the coffee did she ever come back to offer more. When we got our breakfast, she threw the plates on the table causing the food to fall off the plate. I do not understand why she was so nasty, she even said something nasty to my niece about her 3 month old baby, which I found out after we left the cafe. Besides their good food, Beth’s Cafe is known for their array of artwork on the walls, the waitress did not offer any crayons for my daughter who was looking forward to drawing something. She is an excellent artist. However, after the experience there, I told my daughter forget even asking her to display her artwork. It was such a shame, I was so looking forward to a great breakfast at this unique restaurant, but poor service ruined it for me. Food good, SERVICE ROTTEN!
As my nephew who lives in Seattle, said I guess we can go for the food, but not the service...to me this goes hand-in-hand. Seattle is a big city and I'm sure there are more great places out there with good food and better service.

2  Thank ShimaOhana3
Reviewed 10 March 2014

A trip to Seattle is never complete until we have had a perfect, hang-over friendly, greasy & always yummy breakfast at Beth's, and this past weekend was no exception!
As always, we gathered a bunch of friends and headed to our favorite breakfast place and as always we had a great breakfast. You simply can not go wrong with the Corned Beef Hash. SOOOO GOOD. Yes, it's always busy.....yes, it's a greasy spoon so it's a bit on the grungy side.....yes, the service can be a bit slow, but as I see it it's part of the dining experience! It's a 24/7 restaurant & super busy for a reason people. It's because it's awesome!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Was told it would be a 15 minute wait but waited 45 minutes to be seated. Received nothing but attitude from all 3 people who served us. The food was horrible and the place was dirty. Gross overall- will not go back and you shouldn't either.

2  Thank Moran7718
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

The food here is good quality and the atmosphere is pretty unique. It feels very Seattle-local. Make sure you add a piece of original art to their wall decor! [They provide the paper and crayons; you provide the artwork for their walls!] Take some time to admire the art of previous visitors, because there is some great stuff all around the cafe. It is a very relaxed place and one I would recommend for college students and families alike. There isn't a ton of room though so don't bring massive amounts of people with you. Other than that, it is a nice little local restaurant to hit up while you are in town.