“The Worst!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #146 of 4,062 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Seattle breakfast, lunch and food 24 hours a day. All you can eat hash browns. 12-egg omelets. Fresh coffee. Friendly conversation. These are all things waiting for you here at Beth's Cafe Restaurant. Located in the scenic Greenlake neighborhood of Seattle, Beth's Cafe has been serving up the area's best breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner since 1954. Walk through our doors and see years of colorful drawings from our patrons, smell the comforting smells of your favorite dishes, and see the smiles on all of our staff members and guests. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so if you enjoy your scrambled eggs at any time of the day, any day of the week.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The Worst!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Oh, where do I begin? I had heard all of the hype and when my friends were visiting from LA, I was excited that they wanted to go to the famous Beth's Café on a Sunday afternoon. My partner and I arrived earlier than the rest of my friends and were pretty stoked that we found parking right away. When we went to put our name on the waiting list, we saw the big sign outside that stated they won't seat your party unless everyone is present. Ok...huge pet peeve, but I understand that. But what I didn't understand was the fact that there was about a 30 minute wait and they wouldn't even put our name down on the list without noting that we weren't all there, AND were super rude about it. Hi, first time here...not making a good impression already.
The rest of our party arrives about 15 minutes later and we went back inside to let the "host" know. Again, with the attitude and the eye roll, in addition to the "oh, you're THAT Mike". WHAT??

We finally get seated and the first thing I noticed was the filthy, dirty floor and the flies in the window and buzzing around the restaurant. The hostess threw down 4 glasses of water and the menus and stomped off. We were excited to color (a selling point that they provide paper and crayons to doodle with), but we got none of this.
About 10 minutes later, a server by the name of Meow Head appeared to take our order, and since I had never been there before, I had a few questions. I asked if I could get the 6 egg omelet with egg whites and she snapped back, "NO!" I had a few more questions and they were met with the same hospitality. My partner just wanted a hamburger patty and made that CRYSTAL CLEAR to ol' Meow Head, but she didn't seem to grasp what he was telling her. Had I not been with my out of town friends (who had been there before and said this was odd), I would have just gotten up and left at that point. But I was in for the duration.
Our food came and I wasn't surprised at this point that it wasn't great. My "never ending hash browns" were cold and absolutely SOAKED in butter/grease. My omelet was ok, but certainly not award winning/ground breaking/better than average. My partner's hamburger patty? Well, that was a full hamburger. The server said she hadn't understood what he was talking about (and of course, he was charged almost $15.00 for it) I ate half my serving (which is really all I wanted anyway) and I'm certainly glad that I didn't finish the entire thing. Both of us were so sick after we ate that we were in bed (and the restroom) for the rest of the day/night.
I should also note that as we left Beth's, we noticed that the kitchen area was just as filthy as the dining area. Had I paid attention and saw that on the way in, I would never have eaten there.
In summary, my experience was one of the worst I've had a restaurant and I'd like to say there was at least one positive from my visit, but there wasn't (except for getting to hang with my friends).

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Arizona
“Best Breakfast Every”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family of 4 shared the 12 egg omelet and still could not finish. Coffee is so good and service is excellent. We like leaving our drawings on the wall and also admiring those that have been left. I am sure many other items on the menu are good but we always just stop in for breakfast (served 24/7).

• Visited June 2014
Noblesville, Indiana
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ate here on our way to Leavenworth and definitely left with full bellies. We each had a 6 egg omelet and enjoyed every bite. Wish my stomach was big enough for the whole thing. Pretty cool to see all the pictures lining the walls. Adds a little flair to the space.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“12 Egg Omelette. Enough Said”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wow, what a serving. Came to Beth's with my partner and ordered a 12 egg omelette between us which tasted fantastic and was great value too, I think it was $19 for both of us, considering we both left completely stuffed and brought some home in a box. Also ordered milkshakes which were extremely tasty and very large. The drawings all over the wall were very unique but couldn't make up my mind whether it brightened the place up or made it look a small bit shabby.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Definitely showed up for the Challenge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food was amazing.. Even in the 12 egg omelette size. Pretty sure I did the challenge (didn't really notify anyone) and I finished the plate. Didn't get anything for it, but thought that it was still fun and good food. I guess I will have to go back and do it again!

• Visited July 2013