“Typically outstanding, this time a disappointment”
Review of El Gaucho Seattle

El Gaucho Seattle
Reserve with OpenTable
El Gaucho Seattle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 4,098 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$0 - US$115
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Belltown
Cross street: Wall Street
Description: Named as "the definitive steakhouse in the country," El Gaucho's award-winning menu features 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef(R) Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef(R) brand tenderloin filets, ribs, pork, poultry and the freshest seafood, all prepared to perfection over an open bed of glowing coals in an exhibition-style kitchen. Our extensive wine list is award-winning, and happy hour menu is widely recognized as one of Seattle's best. Live music is offered nightly. El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
Seattle, Washington
“Typically outstanding, this time a disappointment”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Dined last week and left disappointed. It was Seattle restaurant week so it was busy but no excuse when the price point is as it is.

Seating- Reservations were made 4 weeks beforehand and we were seated in a "semi-private" dining room,not at all what we wanted to showcase the restaurant to our visiting guests. I was told they were overbooked for larger parties so we'd have to take what they had. Frustrating.

Food: Didn't have any complaints in the food department. One praise, the pistachio ice cream was amazing and we were all fighting over it!

Service- was quite poor, in terms of typical El Gaucho service. Normally I'm not too hard on service but this upset me given we had guest that we really wanted to impress. One of us ordered a flight of wine, he only received one glass and had to repeatedly ask for the next. Another asked for a topping on her baked potato, never came.

Last thing- I LOVE the fruit & cheese delivered at the end of the meal,(its nearly my favorite part) this time it never came. Yet another reason we chose to showcase El Gaucho to our guests.

All is all left full on good food but disappointed in many ways.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
“Timeless excellence”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I always enjoy the experience dining at. El Gaucho. It reminds me of what one would imagine a 1960's supper club. The food is always excellent and this is one of the few restaurants west of New Orleans that serves a killer Bananas Foster.

• Visited April 2014
El Gaucho S, Guest Relations Manager at El Gaucho Seattle, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hi KK,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback, and for your 5-star review of El Gaucho Seattle! We love hearing from our guests, and are happy to hear that we have delivered a fantastic and consistent experience to you time and again. One of our hallmarks is our tableside preparations like our bananas foster, and we love hearing that it's one of the best you've had.

Thank you for choosing us as the place to dine when you travel to Seattle, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers!
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Oh ..save your money!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I have always wondered on TA why some love a place and some hate it
Cos of neon signs, and converted cinema look I thought it wd be cool and reasonable price ....
The food was mostly very good ..tho I could not see it
If you like eating in a cave, ordering off the menu (which has to be explained to you ...er, no ...) by flash light. (Er,no..)
Waiters fussing you a lot ...making a salad at the table in e dark. (Er, no)
Pretentious , expensive and very over priced .
Oh and taking the plates away before other guests had finished .
Sad ..as no need for it
The bartender was really nice and friendly ..but I can't praise anything else..sadly

Visited April 2014
washington
“dinner at el goucho”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

the food and service was great. $68/ for a steak with nothing else is a bit much but that is just me. $8 for a side baked potato is maybe a bit much too but the waiter did mash it for me tableside:)
The atmosphere is perfect, the margarita I ordered was not very good. They give you a complimentary fruit and nut platter at the end of your meal which we ate the pear and it was fantastic and then I cracked one of the nuts and it was moldy. It took me a half hour to get that taste out of my mouth and was a bad end to a great meal.

Visited April 2014
Laguna Niguel, California
“El Gaucho's Excellent Cuisine”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with the uniqueness of the restaurant decor, as well as the food. A great "date night" with live piano player added to the evening… Then, a complimentary dessert of fresh fruit, cheese, and nuts was brought to the table! Such a nice touch!

Visited February 2014

Been to El Gaucho Seattle? Share your experiences!