“Sadly only average, and really really slow. Not worth the price”
Review of El Gaucho Seattle

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Belltown
Cross street: Wall Street
Description: Named as "the definitive steakhouse in the country," El Gaucho's award-winning menu features 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef(R) Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef(R) brand tenderloin filets, ribs, pork, poultry and the freshest seafood, all prepared to perfection over an open bed of glowing coals in an exhibition-style kitchen. Our extensive wine list is award-winning, and happy hour menu is widely recognized as one of Seattle's best. Live music is offered nightly. El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We dined here for the first and last time a few days ago. For a group of 10, the price tag came to over $1200. I have paid that much for a meal many times before, but frankly, at that price, they should serve a truly outstanding meal. Sadly, this meal was just average. I had a seafood pasta dish which was good, but not great. The clam chowder was good, but I have had better at Ivar''s for a small fraction of the price. My wife had the salmon, which was bland and tasteless--something hard to do with salmon, This was my general reaction for most of the meal. Admittedly, it is a steak house, and I am not a big beef eater, so this may be my problem. Maybe I should have ordered the steak. On the plus side, the service was attentive, courteous, and polite. Though slow. Dinner took FOUR hours for a four course meal. Wow. Also, the restaurant was REALLY dark. I mean so dark that it was unsafe to walk in and that I could barely see my food. So dark that they have to leave flashlights at every spot. I understand darkness is kind of cool, but this was way overdone. I will not be back

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

You go there and finish like been in the kitchen cooking by the smoke in the dinning room. Worst steak in Seattle. Dark like a discotheque.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Whatever your view on dimly lit steakhouses where you can't have dinner for two without dropping at least $200, this one does what they do as well as any of them. Brilliantly executed every step of the way, we were particularly impressed with the wait staff and the Caesar salad made table side.

Count on El Gaucho's for a great romantic dinner out, but be prepared to drop some coin!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

El Gaucho has been a standard for fine dining in Seattle for years. The food: steaks, lobster, caesar
salads, mushroom soup, cherries jubilee, I could go on, are world class. Yes it is a little outdated in the decor department and is dark, I agree. The service is first class. If you want the fine dining experience, and it does come at a price as it will not be cheap, then this is the place.

El Gaucho S, Public Relations Manager at El Gaucho Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi toddleslie,

Thank you for your 5-star review of El Gaucho Seattle! We love hearing from our guests and love that you have not only enjoyed a true El Gaucho experience time and again, but that we've set a fine-dining standard. We strive to deliver world class food, service, and ambiance to each guest with every visit, and we love knowing when we hit the mark.

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us and others. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Cheers!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I LAVA me a great steak with some great service.

Service is ah-mazing here. Food is ahhhhh-mazing here. Wine is ahhh-mazing here. Everything is ahhhhhh-mazing here. :)

Recently visited for HH for the first time and it's definitely overpriced. But the hubs liked the steak sandwich and the clams were pretty good. I'm not sure I'd come back for HH, but anytime I feel like getting pampered and pampering my belleh with some fine beef, this place is always top of the list.

For dinner, I always order oscar style filet mignon, which never disappoints, and recently the hubs & I tried their lobster mashed potatoes, noms!

Anytime you come here for dinner you won't be disappointed.

Been to El Gaucho Seattle? Share your experiences!