“A decent restaurant, good choices and near our hotel”
Review of Shilla Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Belltown
Cross street: Denny Way
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I'm not an expert on Korean food, but know that I can't stand Kim Chee. We ordered the bento special, and it was OK. The seaweed in the California roll was in edible and stringy. I had to pick it out. Don't know if we would go here again, but if we stay at the same hotel, Shilla was certainly convenient.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I went to Shilla with my friend hoping for a good Korean meal. Here is what we got. I ordered the onion pancake, it was very greasy and tasteless. The oniki mushrooms were also tasteless, but the worst was the Korean short ribs prepared in the kitchen. The meat was of such poor quality that even under the marinade it tasted foul. They obviously believe that they can take bad or old meats, marinate it and that it can pass. YUCK.
The last bad thing was the tempura cooked ice cream, a dish I have enjoyed at many
Asian restaurants. The batter was heavy and thick, and anything but a "tempura" batter.

Calling the service racist is a little hard to do, but the servers were harsh and rude down to the "throw the food on the table" servers. I believe it was because we were white.

1  Thank highstandards00
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My significant other and I came for a very late lunch/ really early supper and decided to opt for the bento special, which after 2:30 pm becomes the evening price ( $14.50). This comes with a miso soup, a house salad ( mediocre at best), three pieces of california roll, a vegetarian japchae ( glass noodles) and two choices of "mains". Between the two of us, we got to try the pork katsu ( very good!), the salmon shioyaki ( good), the spicy sauteed calamari and the chicken teriyaki. Sadly, the chicken was not fresh, but I'm told that usually, the food always tastes good.

The restaurant was full of Koreans despite the late lunch hour and I believe that this place offers pretty authentic Korean fare. I'm willing to give it another shot considering that the price is very reasonable.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

turned to be my "daily restaurant" during my 4 day stay at Seattle. Great food choices and good selection of Japanese beer.

loved both Korean and Japanese food served there. Very competitively priced comparing to other closeby restaurants.

read the comments from other reviewer about the service and speed. didnot notice it at all... there were at least 3 waiters/waitress and the service was prompt.

very satisfied.

1  Thank li_cui2001
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Dinner with the family. Service was great (there were only 2 other tables besides us). Food was had great authentic flavour and sides are refilled (kimchi, pickled bean sprouts etc). Our only gripe was the small servings of meat in the Korean stews as well as the 20% auto gratuity for groups 6 and over.