“Love their Kimchi pancake and Kalbi soup~!”
Review of Shilla Restaurant

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Belltown
Cross street: Denny Way
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This place has pretty decent Korean food.
My colleague didn't really like this place for some reason though.
However, I was very happy that they have Kalbi soup.

I would be much more happier if they also have the Budae Jigae~ (Army soup?)

It's nice that it's so close to La Quinta Inn (where I always stay for my business trip).

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We had BBQ and it was decent. Everything was good but we had to wait so long to get food. I had no problem to park there.

1  Thank Joshua H L
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We went here for dinner on a Monday night and the place was not busy but had a few patrons. We ordered bento with sushi and the Korean bbq in chicken. The rolls were good, but it kept falling apart because the seaweed did not even encase the while circumference of the roll. The Korean bbq was good, we have never had it before and the server did not explain any if the sauces or toppings that accompanied it so we had no idea what we were actually eating. Our server never asked us if we would like drinks, and when asked politely for a refill of water, the waiter only filled the glass half way. He never brought a spoon for my soup, we had to flag down someone else. The service here was a skimpy as it gets, he just set the food on the table and left quickly. Normally I an not hard to please, but the service we had could not go unnoticed.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Fri 12/20/13 5pm: Shilla Korean Japanese Restaurant/Seattle, WA: We gave this thumbs down a few years back, but they’ve been around for a while, they must be something right. With a 50% voucher in hand, we decided to give another try, and MORE RETURNS IN THE FUTURE. We’ve tried these dishes, most has fresh ingredients, well seasoning and prepared, accept for those noted on the line item.
• Bindettuk $2.50: SKIP IT, looks like an off day, didn’t care for it
• agedashi tofu $6 -lightly battered tofu, bonito flake with tempura sauce: yum, ordered second
• negihama roll $6 -chopped yellowtail, scallion: yum, fresh, but a while to come out, whatsup?
• soft tofu stew combo $15 w/beef bulgogi+bowl of rice: yum, stays hot in the metal bowl, looks spicy, but not really, it’s their signature dish, went well with the rice and the compliment side dishes
• dolsot bibimbap $12 -bibimbap in hot stone bowl, served with miso soup w/beef bulgogi: yum, more please
• nabeyaki udon $12 -udon noodle, shrimp tempura, egg, vegetable: yum, but not as filling as the others
• 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream $2.75: hm.. thought waitress indicated $2.50, but our daughter loves it
• 2 scoops of black sesame seed ice cream $2.75: SKIP IT, exotic name but not the taste, needs more churn
• Warm house saki - $9 large: very nice compliment with the spicy dishes
Very nice and open seating's, AND parkings in downtown area, a plus.
Keep it up and the vouchers coming, and we'll keep coming back. 4 stars

1  Thank Travel2Food
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I'm not an expert on Korean food, but know that I can't stand Kim Chee. We ordered the bento special, and it was OK. The seaweed in the California roll was in edible and stringy. I had to pick it out. Don't know if we would go here again, but if we stay at the same hotel, Shilla was certainly convenient.