“Wanted to love it but couldn't”
Review of Coastal Kitchen

Coastal Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Coastal Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #360 of 4,137 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Sonora, California
“Wanted to love it but couldn't”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

So the Sunday brunch crowd, the decor, the open kitchen, the menu, the great service -- all begged me to love the place -- and I wanted to!

But the food was a bit of a letdown. Blueberry pancake was dry and blueberries hadn't "popped". Spicy Hash browns weren't that spicy and just so so.

Main course: crab cakes topped with poached eggs (to your doneness) and a Meyer lemon bechamel sauce sounded incredible. But texture of crab cake was mushy under a poached egg - two many mushies stacked. But the fatal sin of any crab cake is too much breading. Qed.

Much as I wanted to love this place I won't be going back.

Blaine, MN
“Nice neighborhood spot”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

It seems this place is the choice for many to have breakfast, but we had dinner here as we started off our West Coast road trip. Being from the Midwest, we always enjoy the fresh seafood when on vacation and the Coastal Kitchen did not disappoint.

My wife and I shared a bowl of the clam chowder which was smooth and creamy and loaded with clams... delicious! For our main course, my wife had the seared ahi tuna, which was also delicious and prepared perfectly. I had a cobb salad with dungeness crab and was making "yummy noises" all the way through.

Our server was attentive and friendly, the atmosphere was fun yet relaxing, just what we needed for our first night. I would definitely go back to the Coastal Kitchen when we return to Seattle.

• Visited August 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“Fresh seafood!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Try the Zuppa di Maiori--clams, mussels, calamari and cod in tomato broth laced with anise--very nice

Visited November 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Good Breakfast, quick service”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Headed to Coastal Kitchen for some breakfast. Our waiter was very accommodating to my dietary requests and made me feel welcome. Food came quickly and was delicious. Will return again.

1 Thank P0LL0RIC0
Idaho
“Good food and drinks”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We ate here for a late lunch. We shared the fried oysters and they crab melt. The food was good and the service was very nice. The Bloody Mary was awesome. I don't know if I would eat here for dinner but the breakfast/brunch menu also looked pretty good. I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited November 2013