Seattle Tours Tour of Pike Place Market - Classic Food Tour

Great Market Tour

Reviewed 28 August 2018
andymarkey
Atlanta, Georgia

All reviews pike place market seafood chowder couple of hours marcia vendors guide history insight starbucks knowledge highlights flowers
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Marcia was our incredible tour guide. Her enthusiasm and knowledge made this a very enjoyable tour. We actually went to more places and spent longer on the tour than was advertised. Marcia was not "on the clock" and really enjoyed being our leader. The food tastings were very good and quite varied. My wife and I learned a lot about Pike Market and went to places and areas we didn't know existed.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

If you have never been to Pike Place Market put it on your Bucket List. The market is known for its fish toss (great) but there is much more. Being from Georgia we think our peaches are best but you will be given tastes of Washington peaches ( much better and more tasteful - huge). Flowers - wow, pastries, restaurants, and crafts galore. You need a couple of hours. (dodge the homeless).

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Great people, friendly, knowledgeable and great food! Lot of walking so bring comfortable shoes and come ready to eat1

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

My college best friend and I took this tour on our stop in Seattle before an Alaskan cruise. I had never been to the market before, so this tour was an amazing way to see the highlights without feeling completely overwhelmed by all of the crowds and vendors. We were able to learn about the history of the markets, meet some wonderful vendors, and try some extraordinary treats all without waiting in line!

Reviewed 16 August 2018

We were fortunate to have Chef Eric as our tour guide. We were a small ,intimate sized group. Eric was so knowledgeable and personable. He had charming and had fun insights. My son was sure to advise of my seafood allergy and Eric was very considerate and vigilant of that. In fact my vegetarian chowder was so good that I am still dream of it. The food selection was varied, the tour was fun, informative and well worth it. After many years of living in Seattle it was nice to play tourist. Most importantly the food was really delicious . We were fortunate to bypass all the long lines and eat great foods.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We enjoyed our food tour and were happy that we were able to sample some of the wonderful foods in The Market. We especially enjoyed the yogurt stop, truffle (fungi type) shop and coupons given to us at the end of the tour for discounts at several shops. Plus, a coupon for 5 free chocolate truffles at a specialty truffle shop. I’m not sure how this tour actually compares to the free walking tour offered online. I think I would check that out before forking over $46pp for this tour, but I can’t complain about the time we spent. All very enjoyable and Matt was a great guide.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Chef Eric provided a very educational and fun tour of Pike Place Market. We enjoyed his knowledge of the current status & history of Pike Place Market while sharing his culinary expertise of food & restaurants in Seattle. The bites that were sampled throughout the tour was delicious and tasty. He easily engaged our group in interactive conversations making the tour go quickly. This is a tour that I highly recommend to everyone who is visiting Seattle & loves food!

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Seattle is such an amazing city with beautiful landscape,weather can be unpreddictible ( rains often ) but still it's no reason to enjoy all the great places you can visit and one of them is the PIKE'S MARKET full of people enjoying the tricks of the fishermen making you have a good time ! And it offers lots of food options such as the crab poot that is one unique place ! Really loved it !!!

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Pike Place Market is a essential place to visit. Learning about it and visiting with some of the vendors with a great tour guide was a lot of fun.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

This market had everything in the world you would ever want. I was totally amazed at the number of venors. There were so many that I could not even see hale of every thing there.

1  Thank moonsie43