“Excellent way to start the day”
Review of CJ's Eatery

CJ's Eatery
Ranked #119 of 4,232 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Belltown
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The concierge at the Edgewater recommended this place for breakfast - he was right! It's within a 10 min walk of the hotel (VERY steep hills) and worth the effort. The breakfasts are very hearty with good portions and nice variety on the menu. You can get the basics (meat, eggs, potatoes, toast), omelets, skillet (basically a mix of everything) or french toast/pancakes. The pancakes are a Swedish style are a bit more like crepes or flat blintzes as opposed to a fluffy-style cake. The coffee (like everywhere else in the city) is excellent. It's a little pricey (cost for 2 meals with coffee & tips is approx $25-$30) but you're on vacation, right?? Go. Enjoy. Start your day off right.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had breakfast here after reading the great reviews and I hadn't even left the table when I regretted it. Breakfast was very greasy (I had an omelette) and I couldn't rid the taste from my mouth all day. Service is excellent, coffee was great, portions were fantastic, but maybe they need to revisit their cooking methods. Also the interior is a bit dated and tired. Sorry guys.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

When we said we wanted a real cooked breakfast our hotel sent us to C J's and it was just the thing. Coffee arrived promptly and our breakfast soon after.

I had two eggs over hard with three sausages, two slices if toast and a mountain of crispy shredded potatoes. My wife had a half order of French toast with butter and syrup.

The service was prompt and friendly, with a bottomless cup of coffee. The restaurant was somewhat busy when we arrived but as the morning wore on the locals and business folk headed out, leaving us tourists to our meal. The menu looked good for choice all day long.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our hotel valet recommended CJ's and we weren't disappointed. The food and prices were very good and made up for the service, which was somewhat lacking but overall I would highly recommended this place.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

First time I ever had "Swedish" pancakes and certainly glad it was here. Walked in and was immediately greeted and seated. Service was super fast and the food was AMAZING, the price was great too. Location could not be beat. Would definitely recommend